Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Question type?

Question type? 3 years 3 months ago #54561

• medicnick
  • Junior Lime
I would like to build a simple survey that asks only a few questions about about 140 elements.

The elements can be provided in SQL (the same DB as the survey) or CSV or XLSX or whatever else would work.

The questions are all Likert Scale questions (range 1-5). Do I have to write this as 140 questions although the only thing changing is the element or is there another way?

Thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Question type? 3 years 3 months ago #54564

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 255
Well, you could do a matrix/array question. However, 140 items in one question is crazy. Can you group the 140 elements somehow and make separate array questions with different element groups?

Regarding the work you have with creating those 140 elements: since 1.9 there is a good option to add various subquestions (as it is called in Limesurvey) to a array question at once.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Question type? 3 years 3 months ago #54565

• medicnick
  • Junior Lime
Thank you, that worked great. I didn't realize the power of subquestions. Now I have two questions (one array dual scale and one array) with 147 subquestions. I also learned that "No Answer" is an automatic add-on.

Re:Question type? 3 years 3 months ago #54566

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 255
Not necessarily. You can switch those "No Answers" off, if you want to.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Donation Image