Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problem with Array (Multiflexible) (Numbers)

Problem with Array (Multiflexible) (Numbers) 4 years 1 day ago #52797

• cclemens
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi there,

I'm having an issue with the Array (Multiflexible) (Numbers) question type. Basically, it isn't recording the answers that the users enter into it. I'm building this survey for someone else, on an employer's server. I have permissions only to build and administer my own surveys, modify templates and label sets, etc. The installation is Version 1.87+, and I'm only using one language (English) for this survey. Beyond this I don't know anything more about the global configurations.

The problematic question (I'll call it E2 for ease of reference) is based on the one before it (E1). E1 is a mandatory, multiple-options type that lists a number of categories for the user to choose from.

E2 uses the Array (Multiflexible) (Numbers) type with the 'checkbox layout', and its 'array filter' set to E1. It uses a 3-point label set. The result is that, for each option that the user selected in E1, he/she may specify further details. To avoid confusion, here are the question texts:

E1: Over the past year, which types of television programming have you watched?

E2: Below is a list of the types of programming that you selected in the previous question. For each type, indicate which platform(s) you use for viewing.

The problem is this: several users have already taken the survey, and in each case, the columns that represent the answers for E2 are completely blank. All of them. This is both in the online record-viewer, and in every output format. Where there should be 0s or 1s representing the user's choices, there is nothing.

I tested the survey myself, and there is no accidental logic in place which would cause the question to skip. E2 is not mandatory, but I'm highly skeptical that the question would have been skipped by all ~300 respondents so far.

I've searched the bug tracker and the forums and haven't spotted anything. I'm not sure if I've been looking in the right places or not, but, it'd be good to get this fixed so at least I know for next time.

Thanks a lot, guys. Just let me know if there are more details you need and I'll try and provide them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem with Array (Multiflexible) (Numbers) 4 years 1 day ago #52830

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
cclemens wrote:
Hi there,

I'm having an issue with the Array (Multiflexible) (Numbers) question type. Basically, it isn't recording the answers that the users enter into it.
Please test if the problem still exists at the latest release. If so please open a ticket at the bugtracker and...

1. Give as much information as possible

2. Attach your survey. You can mark your ticket "private" so that only the developers will be able to take a look at it.

3. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.

4. If possible/helpful please provide screenshots

Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker so we can follow the progress.

Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
Donation Image