Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Array filter exclusion only cascades correctly QxQ

Array filter exclusion only cascades correctly QxQ 3 years 11 months ago #50737

• joe_p
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm trying to set up a group of questions in a survey to use the array filter exclusion. All of the questions are multiple options, set with a maximum answer attribute of 1. I was hoping the exclusion would cascade, like this (they're given 7 answer options to start with):

1. Out of these 7 things, what's most important?
2. What's second most important (out of remaining 6)
3. What's third most important (out of remaining 5)

... and so on.

Problem is, when I get to the third question, it's not excluding the answer from the first question, if I'm doing the survey in group by group mode. (It will exclude the answer selected in the second question, but I need it to exclude the answers from both previous questions.) If I test the survey in question by question mode, the exclusion cascades correctly. With this survey, though, I'd prefer to run it group by group since it makes more sense for the survey participants. Also, I know this might potentially lend itself to a ranking question, but if it's at all possible to get it to work this way, I'd like to try.

Is there a way to get this to work correctly in group by group mode? I can do a bug report if it's possibly a bug, but maybe I'm not setting something up correctly. (Like, should the exclusion value on Q2 be 1, and the exclusion value on Q3 be 2, and so on?)

Thanks for any help or advice!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Array filter exclusion only cascades correctly QxQ 3 years 11 months ago #50741

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Which Limesurvey version do you use? There have just been some fixes for the array filter/exclusive option so maybe getting the latest version from our SVN or updating after our weekly bugfix release on Tuesday might solve the problem.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:Array filter exclusion only cascades correctly QxQ 3 years 11 months ago #50751

• joe_p
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Right now I'm running 1.90+ (9229) - I just ran an update two days ago. That's the latest build, right?

Re:Array filter exclusion only cascades correctly QxQ 3 years 11 months ago #50755

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 331
When Mazi talks about the SVN version, then I am quite sure this was not available via official update yet.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Array filter exclusion only cascades correctly QxQ 3 years 11 months ago #50810

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
There will be a new release on Tuesday, maybe you can try that one.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
Donation Image