Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Embedding Flash MP3 player in a question page

Embedding Flash MP3 player in a question page 3 years 11 months ago #50518

• Grenadeh
  • Fresh Lemon
I am trying to play an MP3 using a shockwave flash player embedded in a question. The XSS Filter is disabled on our site, which to my understanding enables flash and javascript.

This is the code I am using.
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="player1" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" data="http://my.qfact.com/survey/upload/surveys/24664/OriginalMusicPlayer.swf" width="225" height="86"><param name="movie" value="/OriginalMusicPlayer.swf" /><param name="FlashVars" value="mediaPath=http://my.qfact.com//survey/upload/surveys/24664/EMR%2017271%20sc%20montage.mp3" /></object>

The "instructions" for this flash player have said to use absolute file paths for both the player and the song. I'm not sure it makes any difference because it hasn't worked either way I've tried.

Am I completely missing something? Does something need to be done in the template or the question.pstpl or the .js file itself?
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Grenadeh.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Embedding Flash MP3 player in a question page 3 years 11 months ago #50520

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 331
Did you follow these steps to implement it?

docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=..._a_flash_video_file_
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Embedding Flash MP3 player in a question page 3 years 11 months ago #50521

• Grenadeh
  • Fresh Lemon
Indeed I did. When I insert a flash object this way, any flash object (I tested a few to make sure it wasnt just a problem with the player), the flash object displays perfectly in the "Preview" window.

However, when i click submit, it only shows a Flash object "placeholder" in the question, which is just a moveable Flash icon. This object does not display when I use preview question or test survey. I also tried activating the survey to see if it made any difference, and did not.

XSS filter is definitely off, which is the only thing I can think of that would be causing problems.

I also reinstalled Flash and Shockwave to ensure it was not just a missing plug-in problem - this did nothing.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Grenadeh.

Re:Embedding Flash MP3 player in a question page 3 years 11 months ago #50522

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hmm, I am not a flash expert. At least both files (mp3 file and the player) are available under the URLs you are using ( ;-) don't laugh, I always check for the most obvious errors first, because it is really annoying to check various things only to find out that the files are not where they are supposed to be, or similar...).

Let's see if someone else has an idea.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Embedding Flash MP3 player in a question page 3 years 11 months ago #50523

• Grenadeh
  • Fresh Lemon
In my experience, more often than not errors are in syntax, or in simple things, rather than an significant mistake. I've gotten to the point of wanting to cry while debugging, only to find the error was a stupid syntax mistake like a bracket in the wrong place or something.

Re:Embedding Flash MP3 player in a question page 3 years 11 months ago #50524

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Just checked with your code in my survey and it works just fine.

Re:Embedding Flash MP3 player in a question page 3 years 11 months ago #50526

• Grenadeh
  • Fresh Lemon
The issue has been resolved. The $filterxsshtml setting appears in more than one place; we had only disabled it in global settings, which was not enough apparently.

Re:Embedding Flash MP3 player in a question page 3 years 11 months ago #50528

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Whereelse does it appear?

You should be able to switch it off from your interface in the global settings. This is the only place where I have disabled it.

What is your Limesurvey version?

Re:Embedding Flash MP3 player in a question page 3 years 11 months ago #50564

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Grenadeh wrote:
The issue has been resolved. The $filterxsshtml setting appears in more than one place; we had only disabled it in global settings, which was not enough apparently.
Usually Gloabl Settings should be the only place to change this setting. Where else did you change the setting?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
Donation Image