Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't edit Welcome message

Can't edit Welcome message 3 years 10 months ago #47756

• jwfos
  • Fresh Lemon
Not a critical problem, but I would like to know why.....

I cannot edit the Description, Welcome message or End message when setting up a survey. I am using LimeService V.1.87 (I don't wish to upgrade to 1.90 as I am in the middle of a series of surveys).

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can't edit Welcome message 3 years 10 months ago #47763

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 290
Are you using Limesurvey oder LimeService? If it is LimeService, as you write, please get in touch with their support.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Can't edit Welcome message 3 years 10 months ago #47766

• lamjas
  • Fresh Lemon
I also encountered this problem when I edited the "default" template. I tried to add a javascript in the welcome page. When I clicked "save" button, it turned out as an error page.

But, I have no problem for "sherpa" template.

Re:Can't edit Welcome message 3 years 10 months ago #47785

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
It's most probably a problem with your customized template. Does it work fine when using the default template?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:Can't edit Welcome message 3 years 10 months ago #47880

• jwfos
  • Fresh Lemon
So I have an update. The problem is with all templates including the default, and although I had not noticed it before, I discovered I could not even edit questions. I have been assembling surveys this week by importing question groups I had created and exported back in July when everything worked as it should.

I did contact LimeService, who suggests that the problem is either a setting in the browser (IE), or network security here at work. I tried this at home last night using Firefox and all works perfectly.

I checked the settings in IE yesterday and did not find anything that seemed to prevent it working. Will check with our network guy to see if some network security is preventing LimeSurvey from working.

Thanks to all who replied.

Re:Can't edit Welcome message 3 years 10 months ago #47897

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Thanks for your feedback.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re:Can't edit Welcome message 3 years 10 months ago #48171

• jwfos
  • Fresh Lemon
Final update - I put in a tech request to our network administrator last week. He had meetings Thursday and was out Friday and then we had a long weekend. However, when I came in this morning I was prompted to allow Java to update and afterward all seems to work as it should. I gather he disabled Java or some parts of it about the time the students returned, and over the weekend allowed it again for me.

Thanks again for the advice from everyone that replied.

Re:Can't edit Welcome message 3 years 10 months ago #48172

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
You're welcome!

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to the team .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re:Can't edit Welcome message 3 years 9 months ago #50395

• digit1001
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm using a copy of the basic template in the LimeService (v.1.90) and do not see where I can go in to edit the welcome message, description or exit link. Is this possible? The survey is NOT active and I'm able to edit the groups and questions currently.

D.

Re:Can't edit Welcome message 3 years 9 months ago #50396

• jwfos
  • Fresh Lemon
digit1001 wrote:
I'm using a copy of the basic template in the LimeService (v.1.90) and do not see where I can go in to edit the welcome message, description or exit link. Is this possible? The survey is NOT active and I'm able to edit the groups and questions currently.

D.

Open your survey and click on the icon for Edit Survey Settings (the paper and pencil). You will get a screen with several tabs across the top. You can click on each tab and change things such as a start time and end time, set up tokens, exit link, etc. When you have finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save and Continue, and you will get a second page (Step 2 of 2) with fields that should be available to be edited for Description, Welcome Message and End Message.

My problem when I started this thread ended up being a network permissions issue. The fields labels were seen, but the fields were not available to be edited. Apparently Java scripts were disabled. I made an inquiry of our network admin, who denied being responsible, but that same day was prompted to update Java, then all worked again.

Regards, Jerome
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Donation Image