Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Hide email addresses from survey administrator?

• cwladis
  • cwladis's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #114291 by cwladis
I am considering using Limesurvey for the first time on an upcoming research project. I would like to be able to conduct an anonymous survey that works like this:

Instructors for each class upload a file of the students' email addresses.
I design and administer the survey with tokens anonymously.
I don't want access to the actual names or emails at all - I just want to be able to email students the link to the survey, send reminders to those who have not completed the survey, send a follow up survey as a part of a longitudinal study, etc. I do want to be able to know which class each student is in so that survey questions and emails can be tailored to the "condition" they are in, but I don't need to see any identifying details for individual students. (It will be easier for me to obtain permission to administer the survey in the first place if I never see the names or email addresses.)

So ideally, I would like to be able to allow the instructors for each class to upload a list of emails for the students in their class so that I see only each student on that list as an anonymous member of a specific class.

Is there any way to make this happen, either with Limesurvey, or using Limesurvey in conjunction with some other workaround?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post, and for any suggestions!
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 4 months ago #114325 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Hide email addresses from survey administrator?
If the admin don't create the survey, you can remove it the access to token in survey security setting.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tpartner
More
9 years 4 months ago #114328 by tpartner
By definition, if the survey is anonymous, there is NO connection between the token table and the survey data so you won't be able to use the tokens to specify the classes.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • cwladis
  • cwladis's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #114799 by cwladis
Thanks for the replies, Denis and Tony.

Denis, it sounds like from what you say, that if I want to create the survey, I cannot hide the email access from myself, but that if I got someone else to input the survey for me, I could indeed do this?

Tony, if I understand correctly, there is no way for me to have the survey be anonymous and for any data to be inputted along with the names/email addresses at the same time? So there is no way for me to know which class students are in unless I ask them to select the correct class from a long list (unless I want to remove anonymity)? Have I understood that correctly?

Thanks again for your time.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose