Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Copy answers to new survey?

More
9 years 4 months ago #114184 by PSBas
Copy answers to new survey? was created by PSBas
Our interview process starts with a preliminary survey. This is followed up with an interview, either in person or by phone. During this interview some of the earlier answers are discussed more in-depth and more questions are posed that aren't in the initial survey.

Because of these extra questions we want to import the answers of the preliminary survey into a new one, which the interviewer then fills out during the interview.

Using the data entry panel of the original survey (using hidden questions perhaps) is unfortunately not an option.

Is it possible to import the answers into the new survey through limesurvey? Ideally they would be the textfields so the original answers can be added to or edited, but cited plain text would be fine.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 4 months ago #114188 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Copy answers to new survey?
I could imagine that you could put the responses to the questions as custom attributes into a token table. Then you could display the answers to the first part of the survey within the question text.

But I am not sure if you can add long texts to the attributes.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
9 years 4 months ago #114197 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic Copy answers to new survey?
For security reasons you can't access answers from survey A at survey B. This definitely requires some coding to either write the answers into additional token attributes of survey B after submitting survey A or you can use an Ajax call at survey B to query the answers at survey A at survey runtime of survey B and load them into the text field.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 4 months ago #114213 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Copy answers to new survey?

Mazi wrote: For security reasons you can't access answers from survey A at survey B. This definitely requires some coding to either write the answers into additional token attributes of survey B after submitting survey A or you can use an Ajax call at survey B to query the answers at survey A at survey runtime of survey B and load them into the text field.

Or use the plugin event : manual.limesurvey.org/BeforeSurveyPage

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
9 years 4 months ago #114220 by PSBas
Replied by PSBas on topic Copy answers to new survey?
Thank you for the responses. I think we'll manage it by sending the additional token attributes.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose