Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Statistics average of all the answers from all the "survey answerers"

• MAEdsipsiopt
  • MAEdsipsiopt's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #114176 by MAEdsipsiopt
Hi
I have a survey in which some questions about a software are asked. It is an array with radio buttons.
In the rows are some criterias about the software ("Help documentation", "speed of response", etc...). In the columns are marks from 1 to 10. I can calculate the average of my marks for all the criterias and display it at the bottom, but I don't see how I can calculate the average of the marks from all the "survey answerers". If 100 persons answer the survey, I would like to calculate the average of the marks from these 100 persons. In attachments, in the pdf file, there are the statistics and I would like to add this average there for each criteria and the global. I don't see how it is possible. Is it ?
Thank you for help.

MAEdsipsiopt
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 4 months ago #114185 by DenisChenu
Hi,

You can not actually in LimeSurvey core.

Maybe we have to include Equation question type with 'numeric' set to statistics like numeric question type.
Feature request ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MAEdsipsiopt
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
9 years 4 months ago #114199 by Mazi
The Limesurvey statistics support calculating averages for numeric questions only. That being said the only solution I can think of is using some Javascript to read out the calculated average on submit and populate a hidden numeric question with that value.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: MAEdsipsiopt
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 4 months ago #114210 by DenisChenu
Hi,

Mazi give me the idea ....

And without a javascript:

QNUM : hidden
QNUM2 : hidden
EQUATION : {QNUM=(very complicated evaluation with EM)}{QNUM2=(Another expression)} / hidden

And it's done

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
5 years 3 months ago #177228 by francescovalle84
I know it is a very old post, but I have exactly the same problem. I would like to see statistics (like arithmetic mean) on all possible question types (5 point choice, 10 point choice, etc...) for all users, not only for the single survey.

I think it would be useful for everyone who need to keep track of the results while the survey is published.

Could you please explain me better your idea of solution?

Thank you,
Francesco
  • Mazi
More
5 years 3 months ago #177233 by Mazi
Arithmetic mean and standard deviation is supported for the 5point array question type at the expert statistics of Limesurvey 3.x.
Technically, extending this to the 10point question type should be doable with certain effort, but it is not planned yet.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose