Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I upload bigger than 30 MB file to answer?

• zelwiux92
  • zelwiux92's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #113418 by zelwiux92
Hi everyone,

I have an issue uploading bigger files for answer than usual. In PHP settings (php.ini) I set upload_max_filesize and post_max_size to 90 MB and 100 MB respectively. When creating the question, I set the max filesize to 100 MB.

So, when answering to this question and trying to upload ~28,5 MB file - everything is ok. But when I try to upload, for example ~29 MB or bigger file, the upload fails - no message about an error. So, what could I do? Is it something wrong with explorer/limesurvey or even me(lol)? Maybe in javascript or somewhere else there is something like setting for this thing? I would be grateful for help.
The topic has been locked.
  • zelwiux92
  • zelwiux92's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #113440 by zelwiux92
Replied by zelwiux92 on topic Can I upload bigger than 30 MB file to answer?
Found the problem - it is because of IIS. But interesting thing, if in php.ini file I set upload_max_filesize and post_max_size to 15 MB and in the question "File Upload" I set limit to 15 MB, when I try to execute the survey and try to upload bigger than 15 MB file, I get error

Bad Request

The CSRF token could not be verified.

The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax.Please do not repeat the request without modifications.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

(found in Inspect Element --> Network when uploading that file)

Could you help me with that?
  • c_schmitz
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
More
9 years 5 months ago #113450 by c_schmitz
Replied by c_schmitz on topic Can I upload bigger than 30 MB file to answer?
If you upload bogger than 15 MB you reach the limit of upload_max_filesize and post_max_size - and so the file never really arrives and incomplete data arrives causing the error. You will need to set upload_max_filesize and post_max_size higher than 15MB to get a proper error message if you upload a file > 15MB

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader
The following user(s) said Thank You: zelwiux92
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 5 months ago #113520 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Can I upload bigger than 30 MB file to answer?

c_schmitz wrote: If you upload bogger than 15 MB you reach the limit of upload_max_filesize and post_max_size - and so the file never really arrives and incomplete data arrives causing the error. You will need to set upload_max_filesize and post_max_size higher than 15MB to get a proper error message if you upload a file > 15MB

And more, upload more tha 10M can take a long time, then you need to update max-execution-time too.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zelwiux92

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose