Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Questions about email notifications

• dgarcia
  • dgarcia's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #113414 by dgarcia
Questions about email notifications was created by dgarcia
Hi,

I'm going to make a survey for 30.000 users with Lime Survey and I want to ask some questions:

1) If I possible with Lime Survey to schedule sendings by email? (For exapmple 1000 email per hour).
2) I've some test with a local environment and I see that Lime Survey send a email per user with a unique token to acces the survey. If I want to make a survey to 30.000 users, I'll send a 30.000 email, so is there any way to reduce the total number of send emails? I think that it is imposible...
3) If I send for example 4000 email at the moment, how sending mass affects the performance of the machine? What is the maximum/limit of number of email I've to sent make the machine unavailable?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 5 months ago #113422 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Questions about email notifications
1) By default Limesurvey sends the emails in blocks. You can define the size of the blocks in the admin interface. There is not much more you can influence from the GUI. I don't know the intervals for sending the emails. If you need more possibilities to influence, you might want to look at some of the providers of email marketing. Their tools often have more possibilities to configure. But this means that you would need to create the token links. But that is not a big deal, there is an explanation in the manual on how to do that.

2) If you want to invite 30.000 individuals (and everyone has their own email address), there is not much you can do about the number of invite emails... ;-)

3) Impossible to answer, because it will depend very much on your machine and the email settings.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose