Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Newb Question - login to survey using token

• JasonAhlquist
  • JasonAhlquist's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #113344 by JasonAhlquist
Newb Question - login to survey using token was created by JasonAhlquist
Hi everyone,
I just started with Limesurvey (like about 6 hours ago). I really enjoy the fact that it is user-friendly enough for me to get surveys up and running in such a short time. Great job!
I have what might be a basic question. I'm soliciting survey participants without email invitations. We have a live event we're attending where we'd like to pass out post cards with a url and unique code. The idea is to use the code to prevent people from taking the survey more than once. That sounds like a job for tokens. But I'm having a hard time figuring out how to set up a landing page where the participant can enter a token (dummy token I guess) in order to gain entry to the survey.
I'd also like to collect and email address and other information at the end of the survey, but I figured I'd just use the End URL function to bounce them to a general opt-in page outside of Limesurvey.
Is there a common way to set up that token validation page without using email invitations?
Thanks for your help and thanks for the terrific software!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 5 months ago #113345 by holch
I never used it this way, but if you have a closed survey with tokens and people access the URL of the survey, Limesurvey should ask for the token straight away.

Here what it looks like:

What you can also do is to include the token directly in the URL:
manual.limesurvey.org/Tokens#A_tip_for_g...de_the_token_already

Your only problem now will be to print post cards with individual token codes. But I guess you have a solution for this already.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JasonAhlquist
  • JasonAhlquist
  • JasonAhlquist's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #113347 by JasonAhlquist
Replied by JasonAhlquist on topic Newb Question - login to survey using token
Thanks for the fast response. The first option is perfect for me and works well when I test it. Is there a wiki or help page that describes how I can add introduction text and additional HTML to this?
  • holch
More
9 years 5 months ago #113348 by holch
I am not quite sure if it is possible.

If you are using Limesurvey only in one language you might be able to look for a template file (if there is one) and introduze your text there.

But usually this text will come from the language files, which means you would need to make a new "translation" (if you change the translation of an existing language every update can revert your changes).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
9 years 5 months ago #113351 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Newb Question - login to survey using token

...how I can add introduction text and additional HTML to this?

There is no template for that screen so you'll need to use JavaScript to modify it.

Something like this in template.js:

Code:
$(document).ready(function(){
  if($('#tokenmessage').length > 0 && $('#token').length > 0) {

// Custom token message
    $('#tokenmessage').html('This is the custom token input screen message...');

// Custom token input label
    $('label[for="token"]').html('Custom Input Label: ');
  }
});

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose