Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Add a default comment (text) to hidden questions

• JasonZA
  • JasonZA's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #113306 by JasonZA
Hello fellow 'limesurveyers'...

I am trying to populate hidden questions with a generic comment, rather than just being blank (empty) when I export the data, e.g.

Do not show Question 2 if Question 1 is answered 'No' but enter "N/A - This question is not applicable." as the comment for Question 2, which will then show as the answer in the data export.

It would also be great if the same could be done for answers, e.g. Do not show Question 2 if Question 1 is answered 'No' but enter N/A as an answer for Question 2, which will then show as the answer in the data export. (even if the Question does not have an 'N/A' option when it is not hidden.)

I hope that this is possible. I am spending way too much time using formulas in Excel as a workaround to fill in the 'missing' answers and comments and I'm sure that there must be a solution. I have spent several hours looking for a solution online and would really appreciate any input from the community.

Kind Regards,
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 5 months ago #113309 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Add a default comment (text) to hidden questions
HI,

I think you can use Equation to do this.
- Add an equation question type with {if(QCODE.relevanceStatus,QCODE,"N/A")}

ALternative : test a new plugin : gitorious.org/plugins-for-limesurvey/exportcodeandtext in alpha test.

You have an option to set specific value if the answer is NULL . This don't work for numerical question type and date question type but can do the trick for you.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • JasonZA
  • JasonZA's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #113311 by JasonZA
Thanks a lot, Denis.

I really appreciate it and will definitely give it a try.

Kind Regards,

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose