Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Validation of a multiple numerical input question with sliders

• gianni5678
  • gianni5678's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #113290 by gianni5678
I have a question of type "Multiple numerical input" that has several predefined answers with sliders. I'd like to:
1) set the minimum and maximum value individually for each slider (currently I could only set the same value for all sliders in the Advanced settings);
2) validate the question according to a combination of values of the sliders: i.e. if the user answers 1 to slider1, then answer to slider2 value must be zero; if the users answers 0 to slider1, then answer to slider2 can be greater than zero.
I know that a workaround could be to create separate questions with conditions and guide the user through the replies, but I prefer to present all the available answers in one page and ask the user to fill them in at the same time.
I read on the Manual about the Expression Manager; is it possible to build expressions with "if, then, else" constructs? Are there online examples with the code necessary to achieve this?
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 5 months ago #113293 by DenisChenu
Hi,

It's like a multiple numeric question type:
1: Use default answer value : manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Mu...alues_.28defaults.29
2: Use Sub question validation : manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Mu...8em_validation_sq.29 (example : QQ_SQ002 gt QQ_SQ001 )

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose