Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Defining the correct answer.. did I miss something?

• denisbaldwin
  • denisbaldwin's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #112492 by denisbaldwin
I'm using Limesurvey to test potential applicants before an interview. I've put together a 30 question test to go over the information I've provided to the test taker previously:

testing.barproducts.com/index.php/697685/lang/en/newtest/Y

Since I wanted to keep it simple, I used all radio button select. My questions look right. That said, how do I define the correct answer to the questions, as there is only one correct answer in each instance? When the test taker is done, will it add up the amount of questions answered correctly and give their score?

I'm new to all of this, so looking for any help you might have.

Denis
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by denisbaldwin.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 6 months ago #112495 by tpartner
You can use assessments to give a visual score to the respondents. You can use Expression Manager to load a score into an equation type question to store it in the data.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • denisbaldwin
  • denisbaldwin's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #112502 by denisbaldwin
Replied by denisbaldwin on topic Defining the correct answer.. did I miss something?
Tony - Can you dumb this down for me a bit? In the question itself, in the admin, how do I tell Limesurvey answer is which is the right answer? The ideal behavior would be to have the system record their answers and, when the test is over, show how many they got right and how many they got wrong, and give them a percentage score. This system is obviously very powerful and I'm lost as to what the next steps should be to set the correct answer to each question.

Denis
  • tpartner
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #112503 by tpartner
Please refer to the manual.

In the question itself, in the admin, how do I tell Limesurvey answer is which is the right answer?

You can give the wrong answers an assessment of 0 and the correct ones an assessment of 1 - manual.limesurvey.org/Assessments

...and give them a percentage score...

Insert a text-display question and use Expression Manager and the {ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL} placeholder to tailor the text displayed - manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Tailoring.2FPiping

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by tpartner.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose