Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Categorization of panelists and separation of stats accordingly

• irener
  • irener's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #112409 by irener
I am new to LimeSurvey so the answer to my question may be obvious; if so, I apologize. I need to make surveys that allow for separation of responses in the stats report based on a categorization question or questions. Is there a way to view stats depending on a panelist’s designation into one of multiple groups?

For example, using a survey to gather marketing feedback for consumer product like food:

Q1: Which flavor did you sample? Answers: Strawberry, Mango, Orange
Q2: Rate your enjoyment of the product on a scale of 1-10
Q3: How likely are to purchase this product in the future?
Q4: Have you ever tried our brand before? Yes / No
Q5: How likely are to purchase in the future?
...and the survey continues.

In this example, how might I generate data from the survey related to different groups of panelists based on their answer to the first question? Like having separate results/reports for each individual flavor--strawberry, mango and orange--so their data may be compared.

Ideally I could switch it around freely, and look at statistics as they relate to responses to any question in the survey. In the example above, as an alternative to viewing stats as they vary by flavor (question 1), I could change the assessment criteria to view stats according to brand familiarity (question 4).

I hope this makes senes and thanks for any help in advance.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 6 months ago #112412 by holch
Limesurvey is rather a data collection tool than a data analysis tool. This said, I personally would do the above described analysis in a data analysis tool like SPSS/PSPP, Quantum, Sofastatistics, etc.

However, Limesurvey has a simple reporting option included, where you can segment between responses to certain questions. Play around a little to see how this works for you.

But the online reporting is good for a quick check and preview of results, rather than a full analysis solution.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: irener
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose