Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How can I change the size of all radio button controls?

How can I change the size of all radio button controls? 3 months 5 days ago #111698

• oikos
  • Junior Lime
Hello everyone.

In the post www.limesurvey.org/es/component/kunena/d...ayout?start=10#58443 , tpartner said: "You cannot change the size of radio button (or checkbooxes) with CSS".

But, is there any way to change the size of the all default radio-button (in list-radio, list-radio-flexible, yes-no,... etc.) into the core of limesurvey or template, without using third-party javascript? How does it work in the core of limesurvey?

How can I increase the size of all default radio-button?

Larger radio-buttons control would be good for example for small screens or to make it more accessible from mobile devices...

Best regards.
Last Edit: 3 months 4 days ago by c_schmitz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How can I CHANGE the SIZE of the all default RADIO BUTTON CONTROL? 3 months 5 days ago #111699

• oikos
  • Junior Lime
Note: I'm using last version of LimeSurvey (limesurvey205plus-build140811) and copy of Basic template. Thank you very much in advance.
oikos wrote:
Hello everyone.

In the post www.limesurvey.org/es/component/kunena/d...ayout?start=10#58443 , tpartner said: "You cannot change the size of radio button (or checkbooxes) with CSS".

But, is there any way to change the size of the all default radio-button (in list-radio, list-radio-flexible, yes-no,... etc.) into the core of limesurvey or template, without using third-party javascript? How does it work in the core of limesurvey?

How can I increase the size of all default radio-button?

Larger radio-buttons control would be good for example for small screens or to make it more accessible from mobile devices...

Best regards.

How can I CHANGE the SIZE of the all default RADIO BUTTON CONTROL? 3 months 4 days ago #111707

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 826
I say again: You cannot change the size of radio button or checkbooxes with CSS.

You will need to use a JavaScript plugin to insert alternate buttons.

There are many such plugins available, none of which I endorse.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oikos

How can I CHANGE the SIZE of the all default RADIO BUTTON CONTROL? 3 months 4 days ago #111708

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
The only real solution for larger radio button and checkbox elements is overlaying them with custom images and coding special JavaScript for this.

Such larger elements make sense when using smaller devices like iPhone/smartphone or iPad/tablets. You can download such smartphone/tablet optimized templates at www.limesurvey-templates.com:

1. iPhone/smartphone template: www.limesurvey-templates.com/limesurvey-...hone-tuned-p-41.html

2. iPad/tablet template: www.limesurvey-templates.com/limesurvey-...tuned-blue-p-48.html

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: oikos

How can I CHANGE the SIZE of the all default RADIO BUTTON CONTROL? 3 months 4 days ago #111737

• oikos
  • Junior Lime
Ok! Trank you very much!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Donation Image