Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dynamic dropdown list answer

Dynamic dropdown list answer 1 month 2 weeks ago #111622

• bonifatius
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

is it possible to make a dynamic drop down list answer based on previous answered questions using the current version(2.05) ? for example, when the user has chosen a country at the previous questions, the next questions will just show the states or provinces of that country. i've read the Expression Manager and relevance manual but i can't find where i can put the EM or equation for this problem.

thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dynamic dropdown list answer 1 month 2 weeks ago #111630

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 790
There are many examples in the forum of dynamically filtering answers with JavaScript but the easiest solution is to create a different "state" question for every country and hide/show them with conditions or relevance.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Dynamic dropdown list answer 1 month 2 weeks ago #111643

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi,
you may have a look here and here
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Donation Image