Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Change a survey after publication

• KolyaKorruptis
  • KolyaKorruptis's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #111592 by KolyaKorruptis
Change a survey after publication was created by KolyaKorruptis
When trying to publish a survey LS tells me that I won't be able to change a lot of things in this survey (questions, groups, anonymous responses, etc).

Now I completely understand why that shouldn't be possible in a survey. However I am trying to use LS for something different: As an input form for guided writing. People will send me articles via my LS survey. LS allows me to provide a structured input form, asking such questions as: What happened? Who did it? When? etc. The big W-questions.

Now in this use case changing a "survey" (actually an article input form) would be really useful. Of course I understand that this isn't what LS was created for, but I would be surprised if changing a survey was not possible at all, unless there is a technical reason?

Thanks for your help.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 7 months ago #111597 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Change a survey after publication
Changing the survey is of course possible, but you have to deactivate the survey first. But deactivating also means that the survey tables are somehow "archived", which means that the responses so far are more or less "gone" (there is an option to get them back if the changes to the survey allow, but I wouldn't want to rely on this, so always save the answers received).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• KolyaKorruptis
  • KolyaKorruptis's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #111599 by KolyaKorruptis
Replied by KolyaKorruptis on topic Change a survey after publication
Thanks, that's good to know.
I guess copying the survey would be an alternative. But either way, users won't be able to go back and change their previous entries I suppose.
  • holch
More
9 years 7 months ago #111603 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Change a survey after publication
Certain changes can also be done to a survey without deactivating (changing question text, etc.). What you can't do is adding or deleting items, changing question types, etc.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose