Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Display a different end page based on logic and limit access to answers

• spiceaw
  • spiceaw's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #111464 by spiceaw
Hi,

I have 2 questions related to LimeSurvey:

1. When creating a survey, you define what will be the end page message displayed.
Is it possible to have a different end page text displayed based on the answers to some of the survey questions?
E.g. he answered TV and Like Movies, he sees an end page with an ad for a LED 3D TV. But if he answered Music and Browsing he sees on the end page an ad for an iPod Touch

2. I use a survey for a few products with only a couple of changes based on the product selected in the first question.
Can I give product manager A only access to the answers/statistics of users who selected product A, and to product manager B only access to the answers/statistics of users who selected product B?

Thanks,
Julian
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 7 months ago #111465 by holch
There is not separate access based on the type. Either they have access to the statistics or they don't...

For the different endpages: I don't think that you can modifiy the end page depending on the answers (but maybe it is possible with expression manager).

But you could display a text page at the end, before the end page. There you can definitely display things depending on previous answers, either via conditions (showing different boiler plate questions / text display) or you use just one text display question but modifiy it's content via expression manager.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
9 years 7 months ago #111466 by holch
There is not separate access based on the type. Either they have access to the statistics or they don't...

For the different endpages: I don't think that you can modifiy the end page depending on the answers (but maybe it is possible with expression manager).

But you could display a text page at the end, before the end page. There you can definitely display things depending on previous answers, either via conditions (showing different boiler plate questions / text display) or you use just one text display question but modifiy it's content via expression manager.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

The following user(s) said Thank You: spiceaw
  • spiceaw
More
9 years 7 months ago #111469 by spiceaw
I thought about using a text display and changing its content with EE.
My issue with this is that I want to include an external link into the text. So if the user clicks that link and leave the survey before the end text, his response will be considered incomplete by the system.
  • tpartner
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #111475 by tpartner
You can use Expression Manager to display dynamic content in the end message.

Either directly like this:
Code:
{if(q1 == 'TV', '<p>Some TV stuff...</p>', '<p>Some iPod stuff...</p>')}

Or perhaps it would be easier to define the content in equation questions and then pipe those in:
Code:
{if(q1 == 'TV', equationTV, equationIPod)}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spiceaw
  • holch
More
9 years 7 months ago #111489 by holch
Well, Tpartner answered the doubt if it is possible to use the EE in the end message. Obviously it does, so this should be the best solution for you.

• spiceaw
More
9 years 7 months ago #111500 by spiceaw
Great, thanks for the solution.
I will give this a try.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose