Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A few noob questions : PDF generator, birth date, confirmation email

A few noob questions : PDF generator, birth date, confirmation email 2 months 3 weeks ago #111353

• limes4LN
  • Fresh Lemon
Maybe "Array filter exclusion" could help me : checking !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A few noob questions : PDF generator, birth date, confirmation email 2 months 3 weeks ago #111354

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 358
Use two different questions and only show the questions relevant for boy or for girl.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

A few noob questions : PDF generator, birth date, confirmation email 2 months 2 weeks ago #111358

• DenisChenu
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
limes4LN wrote:
A3 remains empty, I would like to make disappear, is it possible ?
Not without workaround in actual LS core.

A few noob questions : PDF generator, birth date, confirmation email 2 months 2 weeks ago #111359

• limes4LN
  • Fresh Lemon
I guess it will be a javascript workaround, do you know any ?

@holch : if I use different questions for boys and girls, it will be never stored in the same column and it is what I need.

A few noob questions : PDF generator, birth date, confirmation email 2 months 2 weeks ago #111360

• DenisChenu
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
limes4LN wrote:
@holch : if I use different questions for boys and girls, it will be never stored in the same column and it is what I need.
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager...ation.2FBranching.29

A few noob questions : PDF generator, birth date, confirmation email 2 months 2 weeks ago #111366

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 358
Well, as we are not knowing what you are actually doing, it is hard to help.

You can either join the columns later when analyzing or as Denis had said before, you can write the the responses from the two columns into one via EM into a hidden question and you would have everything in one column.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

A few noob questions : PDF generator, birth date, confirmation email 2 months 2 weeks ago #111404

• limes4LN
  • Fresh Lemon
Haaaa, big problem ;)

I've done a fantastic radio list question with expression on each button, for example :
Code 1 :
{if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND Genre.code=='A2' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire 1',if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND Genre.code=='A1' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire 1',if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND TypeInscription.code=='A2' OR TypeInscription.code=='A3' ,'Préparatoire',if(DanseStyle.code!='A3' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire',if(DanseStyle.code!='A3' AND TypeInscription.code!='A1','Préparatoire','S/O')))))}

Code 2 :
{if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND Genre.code=='A2' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire 2',if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND Genre.code=='A1' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire 2',if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND TypeInscription.code=='A2' OR TypeInscription.code=='A3' ,'Catégorie 1',if(DanseStyle.code!='A3' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Catégorie 1',if(DanseStyle.code!='A3' AND TypeInscription.code!='A1','Catégorie 1','S/O')))))}

In function of what the user choose on the previous questions and his genre, I display only the possible answers.

Problem, when I extract the answers, in the result column, I only see :
{if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND Genre.code=='A2' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire 2',if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND Genre.code=='A1' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire 2',if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND TypeInscription.code=='A2' OR TypeInscription.code=='A3' ,'Catégorie 1',if(DanseStyle.code!='A3' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Catégorie 1',if(DanseStyle.code!='A3' AND TypeInscription.code!='A1','Catégorie 1','S/O')))))}
:sick: instead of "Préparatoire 1", "Catégorie 1" ( the text displayed on the radio list item, why ?

Thanks !
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by limes4LN. Reason: Typo

A few noob questions : PDF generator, birth date, confirmation email 2 months 2 weeks ago #111434

• limes4LN
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm wondering something :
"Equation" question type can work with "Array (Texts)" fields ? Seems not so far.

Thanks

A few noob questions : PDF generator, birth date, confirmation email 2 months 2 weeks ago #111445

• limes4LN
  • Fresh Lemon
Damned, I've finished my survey and now, I published it and trying to fill it up and usual and a new problem appears : after the submit, I check the data and all columns are empty ! I only have the date of submission. What I did wrong ? I use to work perfectly a couple hours before :-(
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
Donation Image