Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

A few noob questions : PDF generator, birth date, confirmation email

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 7 months ago #111358 by DenisChenu

limes4LN wrote: A3 remains empty, I would like to make disappear, is it possible ?

Not without workaround in actual LS core.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.
  • limes4LN
  • limes4LN's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #111359 by limes4LN
I guess it will be a javascript workaround, do you know any ?

@holch : if I use different questions for boys and girls, it will be never stored in the same column and it is what I need.
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 7 months ago #111360 by DenisChenu

limes4LN wrote: @holch : if I use different questions for boys and girls, it will be never stored in the same column and it is what I need.

manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager...ation.2FBranching.29

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
9 years 7 months ago #111366 by holch
Well, as we are not knowing what you are actually doing, it is hard to help.

You can either join the columns later when analyzing or as Denis had said before, you can write the the responses from the two columns into one via EM into a hidden question and you would have everything in one column.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • limes4LN
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #111404 by limes4LN
Haaaa, big problem ;)

I've done a fantastic radio list question with expression on each button, for example :
Code 1 :
Code:
{if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND Genre.code=='A2' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire 1',if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND Genre.code=='A1' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire 1',if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND TypeInscription.code=='A2' OR TypeInscription.code=='A3' ,'Préparatoire',if(DanseStyle.code!='A3' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire',if(DanseStyle.code!='A3' AND TypeInscription.code!='A1','Préparatoire','S/O')))))}

Code 2 :
Code:
{if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND Genre.code=='A2' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire 2',if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND Genre.code=='A1' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire 2',if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND TypeInscription.code=='A2' OR TypeInscription.code=='A3' ,'Catégorie 1',if(DanseStyle.code!='A3' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Catégorie 1',if(DanseStyle.code!='A3' AND TypeInscription.code!='A1','Catégorie 1','S/O')))))}

In function of what the user choose on the previous questions and his genre, I display only the possible answers.

Problem, when I extract the answers, in the result column, I only see :
Code:
{if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND Genre.code=='A2' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire 2',if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND Genre.code=='A1' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Préparatoire 2',if(DanseStyle.code=='A3' AND TypeInscription.code=='A2' OR TypeInscription.code=='A3' ,'Catégorie 1',if(DanseStyle.code!='A3' AND TypeInscription.code=='A1','Catégorie 1',if(DanseStyle.code!='A3' AND TypeInscription.code!='A1','Catégorie 1','S/O')))))}
:sick: instead of "Préparatoire 1", "Catégorie 1" ( the text displayed on the radio list item, why ?

Thanks !
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by limes4LN. Reason: Typo
  • limes4LN
More
9 years 7 months ago #111434 by limes4LN
I'm wondering something :
"Equation" question type can work with "Array (Texts)" fields ? Seems not so far.

Thanks
  • limes4LN
More
9 years 7 months ago #111445 by limes4LN
Damned, I've finished my survey and now, I published it and trying to fill it up and usual and a new problem appears : after the submit, I check the data and all columns are empty ! I only have the date of submission. What I did wrong ? I use to work perfectly a couple hours before :-(

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose