Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

if this then that - am I missing something?

• jaydubb
  • jaydubb's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #111164 by jaydubb
Hi everyone, first off... newbie here, thanks in advance!

I found LimeSurvey by Googling "if this then that survey tool", and I've gotten it installed, and spent a few hours reading and experimenting... I'm sure I'm just missing something.

Here's what I want... if a participant answers a specific way, they should be directed to a specific unique next page/question/section of my choosing. i can't figure out how to do it with Lime!

Example:

1. Do you eat food?
No=End of Survey | Yes=Proceed to #2

2. Do you like Apples or Cucumbers?
Apples=Apple Sequence (Here, buy an Apple)
Cucumbers=Cucumber Sequence (Here, buy a Cucumber)

If someone taking my survey doesn't like vegetables, I don't want them to answer the Vegetable sequence...
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 7 months ago #111165 by holch
Well, I guess you came here because Limesurvey might rank high for "survey tool", because there is no thing like a "if this then that survey tool". ;-)

But lets go to what you are asking for. You are describing two different things here:

1. Screen out (if this answer then end survey)
2. Filtering (if this answer then don't show this question)

Both things can be done in Limesurvey.

1. Screen outs are not impleted as a own function. You will need to use quota, more specifically a zero quota. This will close the survey once the number of answers you put into the quota is reached. With a zero quota this means if someone gives this answer, the survey is automatically finished. You can even give them a specific message.

2. This are so called conditions. You can do it via the interface. But since a few versions we have something that is called Expression Manager, which allows to create this conditions via a little code and it is a lot quicker. You just write into the relevance equation things like this:

Q1 == 2

This would mean that the question is only shown if in question Q1 the code 2 is checked. Pretty easy and really quick. Better than clicking through all the GUI.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, tpartner
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose