Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Multiple instances of survey using same database

• jmdsbussrv
  • jmdsbussrv's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #111152 by jmdsbussrv
We have a situation where we would like to have multiple instances of the same survey for different people but where when we change the survey (including adding / removing questions) the surveys will change for each person's instance of it.

The instances would be different links (e.g. /joe, /frank, /jim etc.) in order to place that person's information into the survey using placeholders.

Is this possible with LimeSurvey?
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 7 months ago #111153 by mayeulk01
Replied by mayeulk01 on topic Multiple instances of survey using same database
Hi,
I asked a related question recently, this might help:

www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...d-coordinator#110966

Mayeul
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmdsbussrv
  • jmdsbussrv
More
9 years 7 months ago #111154 by jmdsbussrv
Replied by jmdsbussrv on topic Multiple instances of survey using same database
Thank you, Mayeul, for the link. I appreciate it. The main issue is that many people will be partaking of each survey instance without invitations or tokens.

Basically, each "rep" will have their own survey and the survey results will go to them based upon the placeholder information.

We can create separate surveys for each of them, but when we want to update, we would have to update every single one every single time.

We're hoping to avoid this contingency.

Thanks again.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 7 months ago #111173 by tpartner

We can create separate surveys for each of them, but when we want to update, we would have to update every single one every single time.

I don't think that's possible.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • jmdsbussrv
More
9 years 7 months ago #111245 by jmdsbussrv
Thanks. I believe you are correct.
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #111299 by Bigred01
If i understand what you are trying to do correctly, you could always just have one survey and use tokens. Give each rep the link with their token but set that token to something like 20000 uses. Just make sure token based response persistence is turned off or it will get messy.

The info you need to add to the survey can be stored in attributes for each reps token then you can insert that attribute into where ever you need to in the survey.

If you get a new rep, just create a new token with a large amount of uses and their data in the correct attributes.

This way you can tell which completes for each rep by their token and all of your responses will be in the same table and only have to have one survey so you don't have to worry about editing multiple surveys.

If you must customize the links with their names, just use their name as the token or set up a landing page that will forward them to the survey with the correct token. ex survey.example.com/frank will forward you to examplesurvey.example.com/index.php/surv...id/12345/token/frank
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Never use existing website for example !
  • jmdsbussrv
More
9 years 7 months ago #111447 by jmdsbussrv
Thanks, BigRed.

I think this is the same concept that Mayeul was sharing, but I don't think I got it the first time. I will have to look into this scenario to see if it will work for our needs.

Thanks again for the input.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose