Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Prefill question with token attribute in anonymous survey

• karencheah
  • karencheah's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #111032 by karencheah
Is it possible to pre fill a question with the value from a token attribute in an anonymous survey? The scenario I have is as such.

I have a list of tokens of staff in a company who are going to take the survey. Their organisational chart is quite wide and complex so I have a field in the token to capture this info (division/department/team) together with their names and emails. When they start their survey, I would like the division/department/team question to be pre filled with the info from the token. This will hopefully minimise mistakes in this question.

Please advise if this is a possibility. Or if it can be done some other way, I'm willing to check that out too. Thanks in advance.

-Karen
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 7 months ago #111033 by tpartner
No, in anonymous surveys there is no connection between the tokens and the data.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • karencheah
More
9 years 7 months ago #111057 by karencheah
Thanks for the confirmation, it looks like we'll have to do it non-anonymous then.
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #111075 by fransmarcelissen
Replied by fransmarcelissen on topic Prefill question with token attribute in anonymous survey
I think what you need can be done using an url parameter ( www.hoeperdepoep.com/index.php/survey/in...en/3akuu8hh85?team=1 Now the survey kan be anonimous while still knowing the team.

Success!
Frans
  • karencheah
More
9 years 7 months ago #111079 by karencheah
Thanks for your suggestion, Frans. I think that's a great idea. Is there a way to prevent user from editing the URL? Or perhaps the parameter can be passed some other way other than via the URL?
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #111081 by fransmarcelissen
Replied by fransmarcelissen on topic Prefill question with token attribute in anonymous survey
Hi Karen,
I do'nt think there is a way to prevent the user from editing the url. But you could test in limesurvey whether the value is set/whether the user changed the url. And you could also change the name of the question in something like "Yjyasasj", so that it is not clear to the user that he enters the team number, or scramble the value ("876ku" in place of 1), so that he cannot manipulate the value.
Success!
Frams
The following user(s) said Thank You: karencheah
  • karencheah
More
9 years 7 months ago #111113 by karencheah
Thanks for your ideas, Frans. Will keep them in mind.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose