Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Workflow with respondents, peer-reviewers and coordinator?

Workflow with respondents, peer-reviewers and coordinator? 1 week 2 days ago #110966

• mayeulk
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,
We want to set up the following workflow and wonder whether this is possible with LimeSurvey. The context is asking experts about local regulations in their home countries. For 50 countries, there will be 50 experts, 50 peer-reviewers, 1 supervisor.

Workflow:
1. ask experts to answer a set of questions (one expert by country)
2. for each country, ask a reviewer to read the answers, to say whether they would give the same answer (and if not, what answer they would give), and to provide comment
3. allow experts who answered at step 1 to change their answer (and ideally add new comments)

The supervisor should be able to make comments as well at step 2 and 3.
Thank you very much!
Mayeul
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Workflow with respondents, peer-reviewers and coordinator? 1 week 1 day ago #110980

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 742
You can "Allow update responses with one token" - manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#Tokens
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mayeulk

Workflow with respondents, peer-reviewers and coordinator? 1 week 1 day ago #110983

• mayeulk
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi tpartner,
Thank you for the hint.
Should a respondent change his answers, is the history of the various answers saved (versioning)? Is it possible to see the old answers (before the changes made by the respondent)?

In any case, from what I read, I do not think it is enough for what I need.
The manual page you pointed to says:
"Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?: Default: No . If you activate this setting the participants may return to his survey by clicking the invitation link, even if he already submitted the survey. If survey is anonymous or Enable token-based response persistence is set to NO, this adds a new responses. If survey is not anonymous and Enable token-based response persistence is Yes, user update existing responses. "
This means the same respondent can modify the answer. What I need is another respondent (called "reviewer") to comment on the first respondent answers, possibly suggesting a different answer.
The output would be like this:
Question Q1
Expert E1: Answer Q1version1 with comments
Later:
Reviewer R1: Answer Q1version2 with comments (saying he disagrees with E1)
Later:
Expert E2: Answer Q1version3 with comments (modifying his answer to take into account the comments made by Reviewer R1).

Thanks again.
Best regards,
Mayeul

Workflow with respondents, peer-reviewers and coordinator? 1 week 1 day ago #110984

• mayeulk
  • Fresh Lemon
If what I need is not directly possible, comments on the possible workaround are welome:

Once the answers from step 1 have been given, I make an export of the answer, then tweak the dump file (maybe with R or sed/perl or bash...) to create a new survey (one for each country) that I import again. Would possibly require many mouse clicks though... (the new surveys will be different for each country as they ll contain the answers from step one for each country).

Best,
Mayeul

Workflow with respondents, peer-reviewers and coordinator? 1 week 1 day ago #110986

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 742
There is no such thing as versioning in LimeSurvey. With my solution everyone with a given token would be modifying the same response case.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Workflow with respondents, peer-reviewers and coordinator? 1 week 1 day ago #110989

• mayeulk
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you Tony

Workflow with respondents, peer-reviewers and coordinator? 1 week 1 day ago #110990

• duvemyster
  • Gold Donor
  • Thank you received: 4
Two other possible work-around are as follows:

One might be to utilize a series of 3 different surveys, and employ token attributes to convey previous entries.

* Survey 1: Collects answers from Expert E1.
* Then export the answers and import them into the token table for Survey 2.
* Survey 2: Displays the responses from Survey 1 (from the token table), with new fields for Reviewer R1's comments.
* Then export the answers and import them into the token table for Survey 2.
* Survey 3: Displays the responses from Survey's 1 & 2 (from the token table), with new fields for Expert E2's comments.

And another possible workaround might be to set it all up on one single survey with a token attribute that specifies which generation survey a given record is, and with another attribute that ties them together, and with if-statement controlling the question display. That way you could keep going on for as many different version as needed. Of course to do that would require using the same attribute fields for each different version, so you'd need to setup a way to concatenate answers to all prior questions with the source spelled out.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mayeulk

Workflow with respondents, peer-reviewers and coordinator? 1 week 1 day ago #110991

• mayeulk
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for your answer, I think it will help a lot. I am currently reading LimeSurvey's documentation and I have installed a stack on my Linux box. I'll try the various suggestions mentioned here and will post here further questions or share the result if it works.
Mayeul
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Donation Image