Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Randomly present images side by side in a question

• CatherineA
  • CatherineA's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #109682 by CatherineA
Hi!

I have a pool of images which are divided into 4 categories. I want to present two images side by side, and that each image is against an image from one of the other categories, so that each image appears three times.
I wanted to know if it is possible to do this randomly (i.e. that each image is not alway presented with the same image for all participants)?

Thanks in advance
Catherine
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 10 months ago #109703 by jelo
I would create different questions or questiongroups which are randomly choosen.
If you e.g. use Javascript to just randomly display images in one question you don't know which image was displayed since it isn't saved with the answer automatically.

There are different ways to choose randomly.
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager..._of_the_questions.29

Think about the testplan first (e.g. how many images is in each category, how many comparisons should be made, is every category needed?) and write it down. After that you can try to identify groups which can be recreated in Limesurvey.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • CatherineA
  • CatherineA's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #109706 by CatherineA
Thanks for your explanations!
I have 4 categories (with 24 images among each category), and I want images from each categories to be presented side by side. So I guess I have to create 6 questiongroups whith each group opposing 2 categories? I want every image of the first category to be seen once, but the other image can be randomly taken from the pool of the 24 images of the second category. Is it correct if I create 24 questions per group, where I manualy set the first image, and then I can use this code to randomly present the other image?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose