Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is it possible to use the same survey with Google AdWords Conversion and...

• eduardocosta
  • eduardocosta's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #109632 by eduardocosta
Is it possible to use the same survey for Google AdWords Conversion and email marketing with different URL redirect ?

I have a survey to get new customers and I created a Google AdWords conversion campaign to increase the audience. Following google adwords tips I created a thankyou.html page with the google adword script in order to track the conventions and I also redirected my survey to this URL´s page after survey completion. Everything ok until here.

Now I´d like to use the same survey for Email marketing campaign in order to have responses that came from email marketing and responses that came from Google campaign together. However, for responses that came from email marketing I cant redirect the user to thankyou.html page after survey completion, because Google adword (and Google Analytics) will process this responses as a Google AdWords conversion, what is wrong in this case.

(please see attachment image)

Is there a way to detect where the user came from (Link given by Google or Link Given by email) and redirect it to another page after suvery completion, or simply do not redirect the user when the response came from link given by email ?

I´m looking for alternatives to no duplicate the survey.

Thank you in advice.
The topic has been locked.
  • eduardocosta
  • eduardocosta's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #109678 by eduardocosta
Looks like there is many ways to do that.

My first try was to created a blank text field with a javascript source code able to retrieve an URL parameter and fulfill the text field with it. This way I could use a 'IF' expression in the END URL to define where to send my user.

To do that my research was based in the following links:
manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Manip...oss_multiple_surveys
code-tricks.com/get-url-parameters-using-javascript/
www.limesurvey.org/pt/comunidade/foruns/...on-question-response

Now looking more deeply how the URL parameter works I found a functionality that will help me to implement the same behavior without to need an extra text field.

manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields#Passthr...rvey_2.x_or_later.29
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by eduardocosta.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose