Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Add central participants database in a survey

• MarcBALTZ
  • MarcBALTZ's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #109486 by MarcBALTZ
Hello to all,

I try to integrate central participants database at a survey.
Every time tent, I have the message on the right banner (in the screen of mappage): Note: Standard token fields cannot be automatically mapped.

When I click on continued nothing takes place. How then I to make either which is the configuration?
My version of limesurvey: version 2.05 + Build 140520

Thanks to all
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 9 months ago #109518 by jboogie21
Replied by jboogie21 on topic Add central participants database in a survey
I can't help you, but I am having a similar issue. I'm using build 140422.

I'm trying to map token attributes from the CPDB to a survey. My error message is "You have to pair it with one attribute of the token table". If I try to create a new token attribute and click continue, nothing happens. Clicking around will eventually get me a server error.

I'll try to file a more complete bug report by the end of the day.

jason
More
8 years 10 months ago #120299 by jpperrein
Replied by jpperrein on topic Add central participants database in a survey
I do have the same trouble. Any clue on how use a token field from the CPDB to a survey, so users does have all the time the same token whatever the survey ?

Many thanks for advice on how to (and if it is possible !)

Jean-Pascal
More
8 years 10 months ago #120376 by jboogie21
Replied by jboogie21 on topic Add central participants database in a survey
If I understand what you're asking correctly, I'm pretty sure it's not possible. Each survey has it's own DB, so when you send out a token for a user to complete a survey it needs to be a distinct token to point to that specific survey (assuming you're using tokens). The CPDB allows you to centrally store names and various attributes that you would use over and over again. You would select the users you want from the CPDB, and push that info into the token table of the individual survey.

So in sum, the CPDB stores basic info to be used multiple times in separate surveys. However, each survey will still need a separate token that points to that surveys specific table within Limesurvey.

If I am wrong, please someone correct me.

Jason

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose