Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Online listing / data access

Online listing / data access 3 months 1 week ago #108841

• FloSchield
  • Fresh Lemon
I am affraid it is on a government server, or at least academic server, so I do not think I could write any custom code in it, in fact, but it is a question I can ask !

The email-way is not reliable because of the reasons you already know ;

And there is of course no problem that some people see the list, it is just going to be some names...

Don't know if the "statistics" feature can help me ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Online listing / data access 3 months 1 week ago #108850

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 309
Well, I highly doubt that the government will let you have your custom script on the server. This would probably have been the cleanest solution.

I made a little test (see the attached survey): The statistics feature can only help you, if you have the names of all possible teachers beforehand. Then you can create a list of names and the teacher chooses his/her name from the list (please note that they could choose another name as well, but this could also happen if you let them write into a text box).

Then at the end of the survey there is a link to the public statistics (you have to enable the respective question in the advanced features for the "public statistics".

However, it does not show a simple list, but a little bit more.

If I may ask: Why is it so important that they can see this list?
Attachments:
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Online listing / data access 3 months 1 week ago #108917

• FloSchield
  • Fresh Lemon
I am not that pessimist with the academic server, I already had an access to add a few lines of JavaScript on the server, as my father is the responsible !

In fact, the list is just a solution for the teachers to check if their subscription is ended successfully...
A search engine with a text field and autocomplete feature would be also a good way I guess ;

I just want them to be able to check online if their name is in the database or not,

Because every year, some of them pretend to have subscribed, however their name is not registered, so it cause some organisation problems...
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Donation Image