Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Preparing a survey for public & panelist acess

• blacknail
  • blacknail's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #107739 by blacknail
Hi folks,

I'm using a panel provider company to answer my survey. With that in mind, I've added a necessary screener question at the beginning of the survey, using quotas, like depicted in this useful comment .

The way this question (a yes/no one) is implemented, when the respondent answers "Yes", it is eligible to complete the survey, while the respondents that answer "No" logically aren't eligible, and so they are immediately redirected to a screener link provided by the aforementioned company. The tricky part begins here, because these hired respondents access the survey with a URL that contains some variables, (ID, language and study number), and this variables are obviously passed in the end. By "in the end" I mean the end of the survey (for the eligible respondents) and the screener redirect for the non-eligible ones. So, if I also want to use this survey with some public respondents (providing them with a "clean" URL, of course without the variables), as things currently are it won't work, because either they will be redirected to the "complete" link or the redirect link (in both cases with empty variable values, of course). It is possible to adapt the survey to both necessities (via more quotas, logic, etc...), or it is best to create another "twin" separated survey to the public respondents?

I hope I've made myself clear, thanks in advance for any idea or help.

Best regards.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #107755 by jamarin
Maybe panel integration may solve your problem:
manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by jamarin.
  • blacknail
More
9 years 10 months ago #107775 by blacknail
Replied by blacknail on topic Preparing a survey for public & panelist acess
Hello jamarin,

In fact, I'm already using panel integration / URL fields. That's how I store and pass the variables from the panelist respondents, so they can be correctly redirected in the end, and this is working just fine. My problem has to do with possible public respondents, since they don't make use of these variables, and so at the end they shouldn't be redirected. But since I've specified an end URL to redirect the hired respondents, this will also affect the public ones, something I want to avoid, I just don't know how I can do it. Do you know if it is possible to handle both types of respondents in the same survey?

Thanks.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #107796 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Preparing a survey for public & panelist acess
You may be able to use Expression Manager and and IF statement to load the appropriate URL into a hidden equation question. You can then reference this question in the End URL setting.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blacknail
  • blacknail
More
9 years 10 months ago #107813 by blacknail
Replied by blacknail on topic Preparing a survey for public & panelist acess
Thanks for the tip, tpartner. Although the survey is already active (this was one of my fears, since right now I can't add more questions), I'll try to understand and implement your suggestion nevertheless.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose