Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Determine initial question based on URL

• Ronnos
  • Ronnos's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #107568 by Ronnos
Hi,

I've made a survey where people can find answers about certain categories. My survey can be approached from an external site, redirecting to the survey URL. Now I want different starting questions for each external link. For example, on my website I want to have two URLS: urlX starts with question 5, and urlY starts with question 7 (where the present questions are automaticly prefilled in, as far as i can see it's only possible to prefill only one question).

In other words, I want to jump to a certain question on basis of the URL. Is it possible to add conditions based on URL?

Thank in advance
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 10 months ago #107725 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Determine initial question based on URL

Is it possible to add conditions based on URL?

Not directly but you should be able to pre-fill a question with the URL and then use that question for conditions or relevance.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Ronnos
  • Ronnos's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #107759 by Ronnos
Replied by Ronnos on topic Determine initial question based on URL
Thanks for your answer! I'm gonna try to build in prefilled questions. Meanwhile I found that it's possible to fill in multiple answers to questions with "&".
On first surveys page, i ask a few questions which will be prefilled with the URL. Those questions i'm gonna hide with CSS, so when the user clicks to next page, i won't see which questions are already filled in, and so i can redirect him to the correct page.

Thanks!
More
9 years 10 months ago #108304 by Foram
Replied by Foram on topic Determine initial question based on URL
Hi Ronnos,

You said that "My survey can be approached from an external site, redirecting to the survey URL". I want to implement the same thing in my project.

Can you tell me how can I get the Survey Url (Note : I don't want to use email feature of LimeSurvey). I want to implement one email application from where I will send Survey Url

For implementing this feature, I need to know where the Survey Url is stored? It is stored in Database of LimeSurvey or is it generated by the PHP code of LimeSurvey ?
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
9 years 10 months ago #108318 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Determine initial question based on URL
PHP code generated.

It shown on Survey admin page

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
9 years 10 months ago #108323 by Foram
Replied by Foram on topic Determine initial question based on URL
Okay Thanks. :)

it is generated based on survey id right ?

that means if my survey id is 1 and the server which is hosting my Limesurvey application is 10.10.10.10 then the url will be
"http://10.10.10.10/limesurvey/index.php/1/lang-en"

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose