Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another

• mascarpone
  • mascarpone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #107238 by mascarpone
Dear all,

I feel there may not be an easy answer on this but here is our challenge: we have realized that SGQA are "instance specific" and that they will change when re-importing a survey on a different instance of LS.

The problem we have faced with this is related to the automated analysis/reporting features that we have developed around our surveys and that would need to be recoded after each transfer. I realize it is probably not usual to transfer surveys like this. In our case we are openly sharing our work with a bunch of other partner agencies - and as such promoting further the use of LS - and that includes the analysis/reporting scripts. We are therefore looking at a way of getting this "connection" stable.

As anybody faced this issue before and found an elegant way of solvin/working around it?

Cheers!

Mas
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 11 months ago #107249 by holch
Of course the SGQA code changes when you import a survey (even on the same instance), because they need to be unique (especially the S = Survey portion). I don't see a way around this. Maybe someone else or one of th developers does, but I do have little hope.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mascarpone
More
9 years 11 months ago #107267 by byan
I think as long as your survey title and qids remain the same, you should be able to achieve your goal by joining the lime_surveys_languagesettings, question, answer, your survey tables.
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #107279 by DenisChenu
Hi,

Maybe you can use "EM code" in your data anlysi, and have a 'EM code to SGQA' system.

github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...dmin/export.php#L682

Better link from code:
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...ort_helper.php#L4437

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Better link from code:
  • mascarpone
  • mascarpone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #107302 by mascarpone
Thanks all for your replies and suggestions. We will probably move to the solution proposed by Denis and implement some sort of a mapping table between our analysis script and EM Codes so that we may share our work more easily with others!

Merci!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose