Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Manually change message about integer only in field

• theseek3r
  • theseek3r's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #106525 by theseek3r
Hi (and many thanks for developing limesurvey)!

I have built a survey using Greek as base language. While almost all messages have been translated to Greek, there is a problem with the message appearing when the question type is a numerical input and integer only. Then, the message appearing to the person taking the survey is still in English ("Only integer value may be entered in this field."). I was wondering if you could guide me to change it manually so that it reads in Greek, or else hide the message completely.

In general, where should I look for altering messages concerning the various options within questions?

Many thanks for your time (and hopefully for your solutions too!)

Giorgos
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 11 months ago #106526 by MikeConom
have a look here
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 11 months ago #106532 by holch
Ideally you would help to finalize the greek translation, then you will never have problems later on. Because if you change this manual (which is possible) with each LS update there is a certain risk that the Greek language file you adapted is overwritten with the limesurvey standard one, which would be still lacking the translation.

this is all community driven, so it is free for everyone, but it can only survive it the users give back, either with donations of money, or with donations of their time and workforce. If you are not a developer, the translations are a good option to help.

I have seen that Greek is 94% complete, so there are missing 6%.

manual.limesurvey.org/Translating_LimeSurvey

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #106543 by DenisChenu
And the direct link is:
translate.limesurvey.org
Code:
http://translate.limesurvey.org/projects/limesurvey2/el/default?filters[term]=Only+integer+value+&filters[user_login]=&filters[status]=current_or_waiting_or_fuzzy_or_untranslated&filter=Filter&sort[by]=priority&sort[how]=desc

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Fix direct link (see bug #8886)
  • theseek3r
More
9 years 11 months ago #106553 by theseek3r
Ok thanks! I'll try to complete the remaining 6%.
  • theseek3r
More
9 years 11 months ago #106555 by theseek3r
May I ask how it is possible to update the file I am using with the translations I have submitted to the translation webpage?
  • holch
More
9 years 11 months ago #106557 by holch
This is described in the link I gave you. You will have to edit the .po file with something like Poedit.

Have a look at the link, it should be described quite good.

Here the direct link: manual.limesurvey.org/Translating_LimeSu...existing_translation

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• DenisChenu
More
9 years 11 months ago #106578 by DenisChenu
The translation are updated automatically .
Look at history
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commits/master/locale

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • theseek3r
More
9 years 11 months ago #106611 by theseek3r
I have downloaded the el.mo file from here but still I get the specific message about integer number in english...

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks
  • holch
More
9 years 11 months ago #106620 by holch
Shouldn't this be in the PO file? I am not sure though... In general I don't really know the difference between the MO and the PO file. ;-)

• theseek3r
More
9 years 11 months ago #106626 by theseek3r
Well, as said by DenisChenu, the .po and .mo files should be updated automatically when someone contributes to the translation, which I have already done (contributed to the translation). Still, it doesn't work.
  • holch
More
9 years 11 months ago #106631 by holch
I doubt that they update automatically, because then anyone could change the translation files and make ridiculous translations. I would assume that somewhere in the system the main responsible for the language will have to approve the translations somehow. So I would be suprised if this would be the case.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose