Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Multiple Choice - Instead of list of check boxes, drop down with "Add More"?

Multiple Choice - Instead of list of check boxes, drop down with "Add More"? 7 months 1 week ago #106504

• jkarels
  • Fresh Lemon
I have a multiple choice question with ~30+ options available. Rather than have it take up an entire scree, what I'd like to do is have the survey question render as a dropdown menu, with the option of clicking an "add more" button that allows you to select more options from the drop down menu (or have another menu appear below it to select choice #2, 3, etc.).

How can I do that?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Multiple Choice - Instead of list of check boxes, drop down with "Add More"? 7 months 1 week ago #106509

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 810
I don't see an easy way to do that.

I would display the answers in columns - manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Mu...28display_columns.29.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Multiple Choice - Instead of list of check boxes, drop down with "Add More"? 7 months 6 days ago #106639

• jkarels
  • Fresh Lemon
I found an alternative - turns out that in the third_party directory there are files for jquery-multiselect, which can be invoked using this code:
$(function(){
   $("select").multiselect(); 
});

How do I use this in my survey? Thanks!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Donation Image