Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Export to a table in MySql database on Server

• mark01
  • mark01's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 days ago #106350 by mark01
I use software [QLR Manager] to report directly from MySql tables.
I would like to use this for LimeSurvey reporting but hate the variable names used in the native LS tables.
The export to SPSS,CSV,etc convert the variable names to question names - much better for me.
I would like to export to a mysql table in the same database as the LS being used.
Is this possible? I can achieve this by exporting as CSV and uploading to MySql - a bit of schlep - is there a direct way?
Regards
Mark
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 3 days ago #106373 by byan
LS uses MySQL. If the LS you are using is hosted on a server you have direct access, you should be able to use QLR Manager to connect to the LS database tables directly.
  • mark01
  • mark01's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 days ago #106376 by mark01
Yes I do connect directly - works perfectly - what I want is to make a version with the question names as variables - like AGE - rather than variable names like - 1234x12x34.
When you save via SPSS or R or CSV this happens but I want it saved on the servers as a MySql table not on my computer as .sav,.csv, etc.

Regards
  • mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 1 day ago #106414 by mdekker
Replied by mdekker on topic Export to a table in MySql database on Server
It should be possible using the new plugin system to code something to do that. You would have to use the afterSurveyComplete event to intercept the final response and then write it to the database. You could check out the /plugins/Demo/ShowResponse to get you started.

If you want to add switch to the survey settings to enable / disable this feature that should be possible too. github.com/SamMousa/limesurvey-encrypt is something similar, but for encryption of the data.

---
Menno Dekker

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose