Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Control survey pace when surveying an audience

Control survey pace when surveying an audience 7 months 1 week ago #106306

• segui
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello everybody!

I wonder if anyone has used Limesurvey in a case similar to this or has any idea if it's doable with Limesurvey:

Our university is soon going to have a 100-seat special theatre ready to conduct interesting behaviour research experiments with audience responses. Each participant will have an android tablet, and part of the experiment will be answering one or several questionnaires using those tablets.

The experiments will be a combination of question blocks to be answered and some audio/visual to be heard/watched in between blocks (performers on the state or videos in a big screen, for example). The surveys have to be presented question by question. I have successfully used Limesurvey for other projects in the past and it would be great if I can use it for this case too.

The problem is that we need to somehow control the pace of the surveys. I can see the block of questions being Limesurvey question groups, but we need to control (manually, pressing a button centrally) when all the participants will move to the next block of questions. Something like having an end screen after each group, with a text display ("the experiment will resume soon...") and all buttons hidden so they can't go on at will, but when a central operator "makes" them move on all at once.

In case it helps, this is a small example using the button-less end screen:

surveys.mcmaster.ca/limesurvey/index.php...39/newtest/Y/lang/en

I hope I made myself clear :-) I can provide more info if needed.

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to give as many details as possible, with my not-very-good English.

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!!

PS: My server is running Linux and Limesurvey 2.05+ Build 140116
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Control survey pace when surveying an audience 7 months 1 week ago #106312

• boyan
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 9
If the time intervals between the blocks are fixed, you can use JavaScript to lock the page for a per-specified amount of time.

Control survey pace when surveying an audience 7 months 1 week ago #106313

• segui
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks boyan. Unfortunately, the time intervals between blocks is not fixed :-(
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
Donation Image