Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can I choose a set number of options from multiple lists?

Can I choose a set number of options from multiple lists? 5 months 2 weeks ago #105817

• Johan
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi everybody,

is there a way to have a minimum and maximum number of options to choose from several list-type questions?
In my survey I have 4 Lists which all feature 5 options. Participants are asked to select a total number of 7 options out of the 4 lists. Is there a ways to define something like minimum/maxiumum number for a set of lists?
Alternatively, is there a way to define something like blocks with specific headlines in one list?

thanks in advance,
J.
à chacun son goût
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can I choose a set number of options from multiple lists? 5 months 2 weeks ago #105822

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 760
Place everything in a single multiple-choice question. Set up your survey to use JavaScript and add something like this to the question source:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">	
	$(document).ready(function(){

// Identify the question
		var q1ID = {QID};
		var q1 = $('#question'+q1ID+'');

$('.question-item:eq(0)', q1).before('<li style="font-weight:bold;">Sub-Label 1</li>');
		$('.question-item:eq(5)', q1).before('<li style="font-weight:bold;">Sub-Label 2</li>');
		$('.question-item:eq(10)', q1).before('<li style="font-weight:bold;">Sub-Label 3</li>'); 
	});
</script>

Capture3_2014-03-03.png
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johan

Can I choose a set number of options from multiple lists? 5 months 2 weeks ago #105924

• Johan
  • Fresh Lemon
Awesome! Thanks a lot!
à chacun son goût
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Donation Image