Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can't import data into SPSS / error/ (2269) Failure opening file:

Can't import data into SPSS / error/ (2269) Failure opening file: 2 months 1 week ago #104966

I am trying to open an SPSS file export
I edited line 5 as described in the manual, but keeping getting the error (2269) Failure opening file:
I have tried moving the file to different place and tried different file reference methods, but nothing works

any suggestions

If anyone wants to give it a try, attached is the data file and the syntax file

Details SPSS syntax
*$Rev: 8866 $ filter 2.
SET UNICODE=ON.
GET DATA
/TYPE=TXT
/FILE='d/:survey_44477_SPSS_data_file.dat'

Error display
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by bryan_leuven_research.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't import data into SPSS / error/ (2269) Failure opening file: 2 months 1 week ago #104972

• mfaber
  • Silver Donor
  • Thank you received: 21
Do not use SPSS myself but maybe the slash "/" is the problem. Try replacing it by a backslash "\" in the syntax file.

Can't import data into SPSS / error/ (2269) Failure opening file: 2 months 1 week ago #104982

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
After browsing to the file location, right-click in the address bar and select "Copy address as text". Then paste that address, followed by a backslash, in front of the filename in the SPSS syntax file.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
Donation Image