Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hide datepicker

Hide datepicker 8 months 1 week ago #104762

• isartbar
  • Fresh Lemon
I have been searching in the forum but can't quite find it. I'm asking a birth date and use the date type of question. I want to hide the datepicker because it isn't really usefull for this type of question. I tried in javascript in the template.js in the
$(document).ready(function()
:
$('#answer{SGQ}1').datepicker("destroy");

but this doesn't work.

Any suggestions on hiding the datepicker or on a different way of getting a valid date are welcome.

Thx,

Isart
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hide datepicker 8 months 1 week ago #104763

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 356
Well, I think the date type of question is made especially to have the date picker.

I think it is probably easier to use a text question and use validation via regex to get the right date format or you could use some kind of Javascript mask to guarantee that the format of the date is right. I think Tpartner has posted some kind of javascript plugin for masking text questions.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Hide datepicker 8 months 1 week ago #104768

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 250
FYI, in the advanced settings of your question you can select dropdown boxes instead js datepicker... and set the start and maximum for years choice... But maybe you prefer use a basic text question with validation!
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Hide datepicker 8 months 1 week ago #104770

• isartbar
  • Fresh Lemon
Thx for the fast response. I had been thinking about adding a plugin for text field masking, but then I have to turn of filterxsshtml, which I rather not do. I completely overlooked the dropdown boxes option in advanced settings. This is for me the simplest and most elegant solution. Thx Ben_V and holch.

Isart.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Donation Image