Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Completing part of a survey using Data Entry.

Completing part of a survey using Data Entry. 9 months 2 weeks ago #104747

• oscarn
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I'm setting up limesurvey for a consulting company and I'm looking to "prefill" some answers in a survey which will concern customer research. Now in order to make the survey as easy as possible to complete in order to get high reply rates, I'd like to fill in information such as name of the consult, project number, name of contact person etc.

I've found that the Data Entry screen seems to enable this "feature" by filling in some answers, checking the box "save for further completion by survey user" and entering the respondent information.

The problem is that the email that goes out to the respondent contains a faulty link and it looks like this:

I've tried adding the "/index.php?sid=425522&loadall=reload&scid=8&lang=sv&loadname=oscar&loadpass=123" link to our limesurvey url but it just shows the limesurvey startscreen.

How do I fix this?

Also, is there a way to edit the email template for this "non-completed survey" email.

Thanks in advance
Oscar

I'm using Limesurvey V2.05+ Build 140204
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by oscarn. Reason: Typos
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Completing part of a survey using Data Entry. 9 months 2 weeks ago #104757

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 377
There is an approach that is much easier for what you want to do: tokens.

When you use tokens you can upload a token list with custom variables. You prepare a csv file with the necessary data and upload it. Then when you send an email to them, the information is already there in Limesurvey and can even be piped from the token table to the survey (for example to greet the person by name or show a summary of the consulting job with the project number, etc).
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oscarn

Completing part of a survey using Data Entry. 9 months 2 weeks ago #104758

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 377
However, the problem that you are describing seems to be a bug, so maybe you can open up a bug report?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Completing part of a survey using Data Entry. 9 months 2 weeks ago #104761

• oscarn
  • Fresh Lemon
Ok thanks, I'll look into tokens.

I'll make a bug report right now!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Donation Image