Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Populate Answer Options from Token Table

• brisyb
  • brisyb's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #104108 by brisyb
I have a survey that has a ranking question.

Basically, I want participants (listed in the token table) to rank the top 3 in a list of all participants, except themself of course.

So my question is, can I populate the answer options available for ranking from an attribute in the tokens table? For example, can the answer options presented, be the list of all the values in the LASTNAME attribute in the token table?

I would like to list these LASTNAMES only if a user defined attribute e.g. called DISPLAY_NAME is checked (i.e. Yes/No).

Also, given the above, can I also exclude the participant actually answering the question from the list, so only the other participants are shown and they cannot vote for themselves?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 2 months ago #104109 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Populate Answer Options from Token Table
Unfortunately, no. All answers for a ranking question must be defined before survey activation.

A possible workaround, although it would require some coding, might be to use autocomplete for text inputs - manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Manip...wers_for_text_inputs .

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose