Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can LimeSurvey Resend Invitations?

• KitchM
  • KitchM's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #103766 by KitchM
Can LimeSurvey Resend Invitations? was created by KitchM
I exprired my survey to fix an issue. Then I reset it and made it active. But now I need to resend all the invitations again.

How is this done?

Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #103780 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Can LimeSurvey Resend Invitations?
Two solutions...

1) Send email reminders - only people who have not completed the survey will get these.

2) In the token table, set all "Invitation sent" values to "N" and then send invitations. Everyone will get an invitation. If you have many tokens, you can export them to CSV, modify those values in Excel and re-import them.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by tpartner.
  • KitchM
More
10 years 2 months ago #103811 by KitchM
Replied by KitchM on topic Can LimeSurvey Resend Invitations?
And exactly where does one find this token table?
  • KitchM
More
10 years 2 months ago #103817 by KitchM
I found "Token Management". I hope that was the correct place. Then I found "Export tokens to CSV file". So I did and changed the row of dates to N in Excel. Then I saved them and tried to import them. I got them all deleted because they were duplicates.

Next I had to go to "Display tokens". There I set it to show 250 at a time, Then I checked the little box at the top left to select them all, and went to the bottom of the page to find the tiny delete button. Did that a couple more times and they were all gone.

Then I had to go back to "Import tokens from CSV file" and this time the tokens all came back in.

Talk about a long way around to do a simple task, when all we needed was a "Resend Invitation" button.
  • tpartner
More
10 years 2 months ago #103819 by tpartner
Feel free to develop that and submit it as a new feature - manual.limesurvey.org/How_to_contribute_new_features

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • KitchM
More
10 years 2 months ago #103820 by KitchM
Thanks anyway, but it appears that everything I do is deleted, so why bother?
  • holch
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #103826 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Can LimeSurvey Resend Invitations?
"Why bother?"

OK, this is one point to see it. But I would like to remind you that if everyone would think the same way, Limesurvey would not exist. This is an open source project and it doesn't cost you a dime.

The developers do their work on Limesurvey in their spare time and I find it amazing what they have created so far. Limesurvey (in my opinion) is far superior to many other survey packages that you pay for, in many ways. Does it have some flaws? For sure! But the developers are working on those things. However, I find it quite counter productive to say, ohh, this could be soo much easier and things like "why bother". Good, constructive criticism is welcome, I am sure. But I can't see that here.

There are only limited resources available, despite a huge user base. Unfortunately many use Limesurvey but do not contribute back (either with a donation of money or their time). However, projects like Limesurvey can only survive on the long run, if the community gives something back.

So your options would be: get in touch with the developers and offer your help in developing the feature that you are missing. Or if you don't have the programming skills, sponsor the feature with a donation.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by holch.
  • holch
More
10 years 2 months ago #103827 by holch
By the way: you don't have to delete the tokens one by one. There is a little "waste bin" symbol in the token management which says "delete tokens table", so you can delete all tokens at once.

I agree, this might be not the most elegant solution for your specific problem, but it is one click to delete and then one import process to have the new (old) token table imported again. Not really a big deal.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• KitchM
More
10 years 2 months ago #103831 by KitchM
I mentioned in another topic that I like to give back. But after starting some work on the wiki, I found out today that all was deleted. Not so much as a "by your leave".

I don't even have that problem on Wkipedia where I have edited for years. Talk about thoughtless and ungrateful. That is not acceptable.

So if the programmers want participation and fair share compensation, they had damn well better make sure that helpers are not turned away.
  • holch
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #103833 by holch
Kitch, I can understand that things can be frustrating sometimes and I am sure that either it was a misunderstanding (deleting your changes on the wiki) or something went wrong.

I am sure your participation is welcome here, at least this is what I have seen so far. Have all my suggestions made it to the tool? No. But sometimes there have to be made compromises, especially as there is never enough development power available.

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by holch.
  • tpartner
More
10 years 2 months ago #103835 by tpartner
KitchM, I have checked with the development team and a couple of pages that you created were deemed unnecessary as additions. The documentation wiki is already bloated so if you have relevant material to contribute, could you please add to existing pages.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

• KitchM
More
10 years 2 months ago #103839 by KitchM
holch, thanks for the kind words.

tpartner, "unnecessary" is in the eye of the beholder. And I can tell you that those people you mentioned are extremely shortsighted. They obviously have no conection wth the end user and haven't a clue as to what he needs. That makes their programming only for themselves.

One only needs to look at their private little documentation wiki to realize the many shortcomings of the documention and its sparseness.

Those of us who have had decades of experience with what end users desire should have been included. Too bad our experience is not considered valuable to them.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose