Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Embedding a link to a website as part of a survey question

Embedding a link to a website as part of a survey question 7 months 3 weeks ago #103333

• sD960
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
I mistakenly posted this question under the "Installation & Update Issues" category, so I am now re-posting it under "Can I do this with Lime Survey?" as originally intended. Sorry for my sloppiness.

Can I include a link to a website as part of a limesurvey question--that is, not an end URL, but, for instance, as a link that allows the survey-taker to look up some information on the linked site in order to make a more informed choice in answering a survey question? Optimally, the link would open another window, and not divert the survey-taker away from a survey.

Thanks--I've been away from survey-making for many months, and am a bit rusty!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Embedding a link to a website as part of a survey question 7 months 3 weeks ago #103334

• supercosh
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi,

Yes, you can insert HTML into the question text. For a link opening in a new windows, use this:

<a href="www.example.org/" target="_blank">Click here to open website</a>

Regards
Gregor

Embedding a link to a website as part of a survey question 7 months 3 weeks ago #103343

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 767
You can also use the "Link" tool in the editor to set the target:

Capture_2014-01-11.PNG

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Embedding a link to a website as part of a survey question 7 months 3 weeks ago #103350

• sD960
  • Senior Lime
Thanks very much!

Embedding a link to a website as part of a survey question 7 months 3 weeks ago #103351

• sD960
  • Senior Lime
Thanks loads! --and, the folks for whom I create Limesurveys (on a volunteer basis!) do donate financially.

Embedding a link to a website as part of a survey question 7 months 3 weeks ago #103371

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 801
sD960 wrote:
Thanks loads! --and, the folks for whom I create Limesurveys (on a volunteer basis!) do donate financially.
Thanks , but please no Cross posting next time.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Donation Image