Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fill multiple surveys on same machine with query-string param

Fill multiple surveys on same machine with query-string param 3 months 3 weeks ago #102861

• rocb
  • Fresh Lemon
Using Version 2.00+ Build 131206

I have a survey which is intended to be filled-out multiple times on the same computer using links with query parameters like:

phoenix.net/surveytest/index.php?sid=513483&513483X15X87=49482
phoenix.net/surveytest/index.php?sid=513483&513483X15X87=98732
phoenix.net/surveytest/index.php?sid=513483&513483X15X87=94948

The auto-fill only works for the 1st click. After that, I am forced to clear the browser cache before clicking on the next link.

Is there any method that will allow me to fill-out all the surveys, starting with the link with parameters and without manually clearing the cache ?

-rocb
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fill multiple surveys on same machine with query-string param 3 months 3 weeks ago #102862

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
someone had the same problem here lately and the solution was posted here. I think you need to add a variable like newtest or something. I think it is also written in the limesurvey manual.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rocb

Fill multiple surveys on same machine with query-string param 3 months 3 weeks ago #102863

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rocb

Fill multiple surveys on same machine with query-string param 3 months 2 weeks ago #102956

• Spydre13
  • Silver Donor
That could have been me, I asked the same question a few weeks back. The newtest=Y does work, but it also seems to clear answers if you're using tokens and go back in to a survey in-progress (which is probably why the option is called "newtest").

I was thinking about adding a custom URL parameter, maybe called "newsession" or something similar, for this purpose that would just kill the session and not do anything else. Or maybe it would be helpful to have a site-wide or survey-specific option to always kill the session when first entering the survey.

I'm guessing a lot of people are using the "newtest" parameter just for this purpose, and don't really require to reset that survey response. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what this parameter does.

-Nate

Fill multiple surveys on same machine with query-string param 3 months 2 weeks ago #103001

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 716
Spydre13 wrote:
I'm guessing a lot of people are using the "newtest" parameter just for this purpose, and don't really require to reset that survey response. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what this parameter does.
Hi,

I think if you set "Enable token-based response persistence?" to YES, it's OK.

If not : review if you have 'use left' to 1 for this token ,

If yes : test with last version and fill a bug report.

Denis

Fill multiple surveys on same machine with query-string param 3 months 6 days ago #103436

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
Now I need to use this feature as well, but somehow it doesn't work for me.

I have added
newtest;=Y
, but it still gives us the same error message.

Could it be that this doesn't work with the new URL format? How would it have to look like?

Like this?
http://surveys.domain.com/sc3/index.php/244733/newtest;=Y

Fill multiple surveys on same machine with query-string param 3 months 6 days ago #103443

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
newtest=Y ?

no ;

Fill multiple surveys on same machine with query-string param 3 months 6 days ago #103448

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
Thanks, will give it a try. And if this works, I'll update the manual.

Fill multiple surveys on same machine with query-string param 3 months 6 days ago #103455

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
Or this?
http://surveys.domain.com/sc3/index.php/244733/newtest/Y
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Fill multiple surveys on same machine with query-string param 3 months 5 days ago #103474

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
@tpartner are rigth and I'm wrong ....

2 solution:
http://surveys.domain.com/sc3/index.php/244733/newtest/Y
http://surveys.domain.com/sc3/index.php/244733?newtest=Y
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by DenisChenu.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds
Donation Image