Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: is there a way to just register with email without adding name in the publicreg?

is there a way to just register with email without adding name in the publicreg? 9 months 4 weeks ago #102767

• olectrix
  • Fresh Lemon
is there a way to just register with email without adding name in the public registration form?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is there a way to just register with email without adding name in the publicreg? 9 months 4 weeks ago #102775

• olectrix
  • Fresh Lemon
OK let me be a little more explicit: where is the class "register-form" defined, in the file register.pstpl? Hope I can delete the "name" and "surname" form there, to provide real anonymity while ensuring that just one user per mail can run through the specific survey. In other words - we just need mail registration WITHOUT the name and surname form.

This is register.pstpl:
" <table class="register-table">
<tr>
<td>
<span class="warning-text">{REGISTERERROR}</span>
<p class="register-message-1">{REGISTERMESSAGE1}</p>
<p class="register-message-2">{REGISTERMESSAGE2}</p>
<div class="register-form">{REGISTERFORM}</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
"

Now where can I find those classes?

Hope really someone could help us - because we need this for a scientific experiment.

grtnx o.

is there a way to just register with email without adding name in the publicreg? 9 months 4 weeks ago #102778

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 801
Rather than hacking the core code, how about simply hiding those inputs (since they are not mandatory anyway).

Add this to the end of template.js:
$(document).ready(function() { 

// Only if the registration form exists...
	if($('table.register').length > 0) {

// Hide the name input rows
		$('input[name="register_firstname"], input[name="register_lastname"]').closest('tr').hide();
	}
});

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: olectrix

is there a way to just register with email without adding name in the publicreg? 9 months 4 weeks ago #102795

• olectrix
  • Fresh Lemon
this fix works!

would be nice if this could be a part of the global settings or/and custom survey settings in some of the next versions.

thnx a lot - now we can go online :)

is there a way to just register with email without adding name in the publicreg? 4 months 2 weeks ago #109675

• LS_SR
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
(since they are not mandatory anyway).

Well, where can I make first and family name mandatory?

Maybe I am blind but I can not find it.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
Donation Image