Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Filter answers based on previous question/Answer Logic

Filter answers based on previous question/Answer Logic 9 months 2 weeks ago #103568

• Haap
  • Fresh Lemon
Although it is not a real solution, there is a workaround possible for this. It is based on using a hidden multiple text question. I ran into similar problems last week, and solved it this way.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Filter answers based on previous question/Answer Logic 9 months 2 weeks ago #103587

• MarcellavZ
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you both Tony and Haap. I still don't know what you exactly mean because Java isn't my strong side but I will try to figur it out! I should come a long way with your directions.
Thanks!

Filter answers based on previous question/Answer Logic 9 months 1 week ago #103709

• MarcellavZ
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi!

If have succeeded, but not with the instructions you both described. Maybe it's interesting for you to know that there is also another possibility. I have put the javascript that you can use to filter multiple questions (example: {if(os.shown != '-oth-', os.shown, os_other.shown)}, where os is you questiongroup code) in the answer possibilities of the next question. So if you want to filter multiple list:radio questions for a next question than you can put all the individual javascript in the answer possibilities of the next question. In the attachement you can see an example. This way it doesn't matter in which questiongroup you are working :)

Schermafbeelding2014-01-18om10.39.51.png

There is another question wherefor I can't find any answer. In my experiment I have 4 conditions and I would like to randomly assign my participants to one of these conditions. Is it possible to make 4 surveys that stands for the 4 conditions and than limesurvey randomly assign participant to one of these surveys with the same link? So that everyone get's one link and that limesurvey randomly assigns them to one of the 4 surveys?

Filter answers based on previous question/Answer Logic 9 months 1 week ago #103729

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 810
No, that is not possible within LimeSurvey. If you want to randomly assign respondents to 4 SEPARATE surveys, you will need to do that in a remote PHP script.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Donation Image