Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Filter answers based on previous question/Answer Logic

More
10 years 3 months ago #103709 by MarcellavZ
Hi!

If have succeeded, but not with the instructions you both described. Maybe it's interesting for you to know that there is also another possibility. I have put the javascript that you can use to filter multiple questions (example: {if(os.shown != '-oth-', os.shown, os_other.shown)}, where os is you questiongroup code) in the answer possibilities of the next question. So if you want to filter multiple list:radio questions for a next question than you can put all the individual javascript in the answer possibilities of the next question. In the attachement you can see an example. This way it doesn't matter in which questiongroup you are working :)

There is another question wherefor I can't find any answer. In my experiment I have 4 conditions and I would like to randomly assign my participants to one of these conditions. Is it possible to make 4 surveys that stands for the 4 conditions and than limesurvey randomly assign participant to one of these surveys with the same link? So that everyone get's one link and that limesurvey randomly assigns them to one of the 4 surveys?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 3 months ago #103729 by tpartner
No, that is not possible within LimeSurvey. If you want to randomly assign respondents to 4 SEPARATE surveys, you will need to do that in a remote PHP script.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
6 years 9 months ago #156291 by learnerdq
Hello everyone,

We are having a same case as [One]. There are several proposed approaches in this topic. Our question is what is the best approach to do this? We are using version 2.65.0+170502.

[One]
The first question asks the respondent to pick any options that apply.

Eg
Which flavours do you enjoy?
Chocolate
Strawberry
Vanilla
Banana

If the user picks multiple options (ie, more than 1), I'd like the next question to provide a single choice only of the options previously selected

Eg
Which one do you enjoy MOST?
Chocolate
Vanilla

Thanks!
  • tpartner
More
6 years 9 months ago #156294 by tpartner
Please refer to the manual - array filter - manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Li...r_.28array_filter.29

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: learnerdq
More
6 years 9 months ago #156307 by learnerdq
It worked. Thank you!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose