Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Basic Export to Excel

Basic Export to Excel 10 months 2 weeks ago #102262

• g3guy
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi

Taking a stab, but will try anyway :)

I'm trying to create a passworded page on my site that accessible only by my client. On the page currently I've replicated the "Response Summary" page (so it saves me reporting to them on a daily basis). That was easy enough as all I had to do was query the DB.

Now I would like to add in the functionality so they can export their results in Excel. Unfortunately not so straight forward with the need to lookup all the labels to the questions. I started looking at the export.php code, but that's way over my head :unsure:

Is there an easier way to accomplish something like this?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Basic Export to Excel 10 months 2 weeks ago #102270

There is another way to do this: create a html page (not in limesurvey) with a list of links to the relevant limesurvey pages. For instance: the link to export page is www.MYSERVER.nl/index.php/admin/export/s...ults/surveyid/355632 The html page you can tailor exactly to the wishes of the customer. In fact I wrote the customer page in R, and read directy the mysql tables of limesurvey. For instance: on the customer page you can show a list of users, and again link to the relevant limesurvey page).
If you are interested, i can show an example (in dutch).
Frans
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by fransmarcelissen.

Basic Export to Excel 10 months 2 weeks ago #102272

• g3guy
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Frans

I'm actually quite interested in the alternative - although how to you bypass the required authentication? The intention is they they never sniff anything on Limesurvey...

Happy to go with the Dutch example!

Basic Export to Excel 10 months 2 weeks ago #102273

Hi g3guy,
Please send me (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) your email adres and name, then i will create a login for you.
The authentification is handled by limesurvey. When you jump to a location in limesurvey it asks your name. I have arranged my system so that you can see a list of participants and generate reports without having to login, but when you want to do change something, you have to login.
The following user(s) said Thank You: g3guy

Basic Export to Excel 10 months 2 weeks ago #102274

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 251
Hello,
I suppose you may be interested in these thread ;)
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Ben_V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: g3guy

Basic Export to Excel 10 months 2 weeks ago #102296

• g3guy
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks Frans! Will be in touch and revert back here with my finding for others to see.

In terms of the suggestion by Ben_v - thanks! Will check that out too...
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Donation Image