Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Generate Employee Engagement Level Automaticly

Generate Employee Engagement Level Automaticly 9 months 2 weeks ago #101531

First off all, hello all.

I've been stumbled upon Lime Survey for a day. I'm exploring this software for a while and found almost everything I need. I need to run Employee Engagement Level Survey at my organization. Yeah, I'm sort kind of IT guy. :laugh:

I wonder is it possible to make an custom saved query that shows on Responses & statistic menu? I asked by HR to display Engagement Level and I've search it through the forum. I can't find it.

I heard the formula is quite simple (CMIIW):

Engagement Level = total points/maximum points

I wonder if I could make some equation like this as query and save it for regular access.

At this moment, I can't access the manual's wiki, so some help would be very appreciated.

Thank's in advance guys!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Generate Employee Engagement Level Automaticly 9 months 2 weeks ago #101536

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 310
Why can't you access the manual wiki? Ohh, I see, there is an error message.

With a Expression you should be able to read the two figures, calculate the Engagement level and write it into a hidden question to store it in the database.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Generate Employee Engagement Level Automaticly 9 months 2 weeks ago #101538

Thanks for the respond!

Yup, I got an error message like this:
1A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "". Database returned error "1142: SELECT command denied to user 'c1manual'@'localhost' for table 'jos_banner' (localhost)".

An update: I managed to access wiki through manual.limesurvey.org/?page=English+Instructions+for+LimeSurvey and peek some manuals that I thought would be used. Is it done by Expression Manager?

Can I save it for regular access somewhere in reporting?

In general, I also need to make some custom report. A reporting that consisted from several set of fields that can be accessed frequently. I guess this Employee Engagement is one of that kind.

Generate Employee Engagement Level Automaticly 9 months 2 weeks ago #101539

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 310
In order to have the calculated value available, you need to write it (probably via Javascript) in a question (text) that was hidden via CSS (not via the option "always hide question"), because then Javascript can not write to it.

If the result is not written into a question, then it will be lost. If you have to create a custom report anyway, you might just calculate the value for this report then and you do not need to write it into the database.

But for the custom report, you probably need to write your own script, because I don't think that Limesurvey allows custom reports.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
Donation Image