Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Storing Right/Wrong Answer status in database

Storing Right/Wrong Answer status in database 8 months 2 weeks ago #101506

• Kinnison
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello to this nice forum nice to meet you!!

As the name implies I would like to know if it is possible (which I believe it is) and how, I can store in my database, for each submitted question, if it's right or wrong, so that this data can later be used for statistical analysis.

This is to be a "quiz" that will assess the knowledge/expertise of a company's staff. So since it's not a poll what we are really interested in is to know if the answers are right or wrong.

For most questions, there will probably be 3 to 5 radio choices or dropdowns to choose, and usually only one correct answer (though this will not be always the case)

so, ideally we would like to have, along with the answers given, a status for right or wrong (or true/false) so that it will be easy after the quiz is completed, to calculate how many rights and wrongs each person got, etc.

Now nothing is really set in stone about the implementation details, so all ideas for a solution however wild are welcome! Also if you know of any easy way I could do this outside of limesurvey itself (through Excel or ms access or whatever) it would also be glad to hear it!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Storing Right/Wrong Answer status in database 8 months 1 week ago #101526

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 740
You can use Expression Manager to store values in equation questions depending on the answers to your quiz questions.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Storing Right/Wrong Answer status in database 8 months 1 week ago #101603

• Kinnison
  • Fresh Lemon
Unfotunately this solution is not applicable to my situtation, because my company would like the platform to be operated from people without much computer/programming knowledge, and would like to not have them go into this kind of involved editing but have the proccess be as easy as possible.

For now we will try to use moodle, not for e-learning but for the embedded "quiz" activity with grades that it has, in an effort to avoid the need for programming or for advanced edits by non-techically-savvy users.

thanks however for the reply, limesurvey has definetely imnpressed me and I will probably be using it on my personal site if and when I decide to set it up :)

this thread can be locked if you want :P
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Donation Image