Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Create a multiple short text for each entry in another multiple short text

Create a multiple short text for each entry in another multiple short text 1 year 5 days ago #101065

• danSAM
  • Fresh Lemon
The first question in my survey is a multiple short text. Respondents can make 1-10 entries.

Is there a way I can create a multiple short text to appear for every entry in that question?

I tried using filters, but that's not exactly what I want.

Thanks in advance

Dan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Create a multiple short text for each entry in another multiple short text 1 year 5 days ago #101068

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 360
Sorry, it is not really clear what you want to do. Could you explain a little further? Maybe show it as a mockup?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Create a multiple short text for each entry in another multiple short text 1 year 5 days ago #101070

• danSAM
  • Fresh Lemon
Ok, I guess what I'd like to do is make questions appear based on the how many entries are made in a multiple short text (MST) question. For example, the first MST question accommodates up to 10 entries.

I want to get more information on each entry, but I don't want to overload the respondent with a bunch of irrelevant questions. If a user only makes two entries in the first MST question, I only want them to get questions related to those entires (and not eight irrelevant ones).

I've had some success with filters so far, but this is pretty limiting. What I'd really like to do is create another MST for each entry.

Something like

x = number of entries in MST1
for (i <=x, create MSTi, i++)

Can this be done?

I hope this explains it better, I'm not sure what a mock-up would be.

Create a multiple short text for each entry in another multiple short text 1 year 3 days ago #101087

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 810
You can use relevance to hide/show the subsequent questions.

So, if the question code for the first question is "Q1", then your relevance equations would be:

count(that.Q1.NAOK) > 0
count(that.Q1.NAOK) > 1
count(that.Q1.NAOK) > 2

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 days ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: danSAM
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds
Donation Image