Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

long-term study: answering parts of a survey several times at certain intervals

More
10 years 5 months ago #101027 by awl
Hi,

we are planning a survey/test consisting of two parts: one set of some general questions which must be answered only once by each participant (at his first visit), and the main set of (specific) questions which should be answered repeatedly by each participant at given intervals, for example once per month.

In other words, the set of general questions could be (logically) considered as part of the registration process; these answers are quasi additional information for the respective user profile. The second (main) part of the survey must be revisited by each participant, say, every 1th of a new month, in order to answer the same questions again. So the collected data will show the personal trend (e.g. learning curve) for each user on a timeline.

How would you accomplish this with LS, especially the different handling of first and second question set?

Thanks in advance,

awl
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 5 months ago #101037 by awl
To clarify this:

The second (main) part of the survey must be revisited by each participant

Meant was re-visited (i.e. visited again).

BTW, is it generally possible to have the same questions answered more than once by the same user?
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #101085 by tpartner
Well, I'm assuming you are going to use tokens to track respondents.

You could use 2 surveys and have the End URL in the first survey direct to the second survey - there are several examples of how to do this described in the forums.

In the second survey, you can give the tokens multiple uses - manual.limesurvey.org/Tokens

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: awl
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #101119 by awl

Well, I'm assuming you are going to use tokens to track respondents.

Yes.

You could use 2 surveys and have the End URL in the first survey direct to the second survey [...] In the second survey, you can give the tokens multiple uses

Thank you, that's it! (Why did I not get it myself...?)
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by awl. Reason: Addition
More
10 years 4 months ago #101494 by awl
For all who are interested in this topic: I found a blog entry which may be relevant for you.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose