Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: long-term study: answering parts of a survey several times at certain intervals

long-term study: answering parts of a survey several times at certain intervals 11 months 3 weeks ago #101027

• awl
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

we are planning a survey/test consisting of two parts: one set of some general questions which must be answered only once by each participant (at his first visit), and the main set of (specific) questions which should be answered repeatedly by each participant at given intervals, for example once per month.

In other words, the set of general questions could be (logically) considered as part of the registration process; these answers are quasi additional information for the respective user profile. The second (main) part of the survey must be revisited by each participant, say, every 1th of a new month, in order to answer the same questions again. So the collected data will show the personal trend (e.g. learning curve) for each user on a timeline.

How would you accomplish this with LS, especially the different handling of first and second question set?

Thanks in advance,

awl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

long-term study: answering parts of a survey several times at certain intervals 11 months 3 weeks ago #101037

• awl
  • Fresh Lemon
To clarify this:
The second (main) part of the survey must be revisited by each participant

Meant was re-visited (i.e. visited again).

BTW, is it generally possible to have the same questions answered more than once by the same user?

long-term study: answering parts of a survey several times at certain intervals 11 months 3 weeks ago #101085

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 803
Well, I'm assuming you are going to use tokens to track respondents.

You could use 2 surveys and have the End URL in the first survey direct to the second survey - there are several examples of how to do this described in the forums.

In the second survey, you can give the tokens multiple uses - manual.limesurvey.org/Tokens
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: awl

long-term study: answering parts of a survey several times at certain intervals 11 months 3 weeks ago #101119

• awl
  • Fresh Lemon
Well, I'm assuming you are going to use tokens to track respondents.
Yes.
You could use 2 surveys and have the End URL in the first survey direct to the second survey [...] In the second survey, you can give the tokens multiple uses
Thank you, that's it! (Why did I not get it myself...?)
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by awl. Reason: Addition

long-term study: answering parts of a survey several times at certain intervals 11 months 1 week ago #101494

• awl
  • Fresh Lemon
For all who are interested in this topic: I found a blog entry which may be relevant for you.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image